Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eskopp
Reel Rookie

NFL on CBS/Paramount+ "Unfortunately an error occurred during playback"

I’m having the same problem with Paramount + and NFL games

11 REPLIES 11
Eskopp
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL on CBS/Paramount+ "Unfortunately an error occurred during playback"

-Roku device model - 4230X Roku 3
-serial number - 63261X086371
-device ID - unknown 
-software OS/version - 11.0.0 build 4193-04
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel 0 Paramount Plus Version 7.6 build 202208172
-tracker ID when this issue occurs? Tried this 3 times, it just went back to the home screen each time.
-what are you seeing on screen? Blue box, "error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again
- reproduce the issue you are seeing - Try to watch NFL on Paramount Plus, hit “Live Schedule,” I can see that started an hour ago. When I click on the graphic, it starts to load, and then I get the error message.

0 Kudos
Eskopp
Reel Rookie

And I removed the channel, did the system restart, searched for updates, and reinstalled the channel. The problem persists 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eskopp

Thanks for the post.

Are you only experiencing this issue when watching NFL games through the Paramount+ channel? Does this issue occur during playback of other channels? 

For more information about that channel's specific error codes, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Eskopp
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny:

Thanks for the response. I haven't watched many other channels on Paramount+ and have not experienced this problem on any other channel except Live NFL on CBS. Of course, I only experience the problem during live games.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Eskopp

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Paramount Plus Live TV channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Paramount Plus Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

Gail13

It's been doing the same thing on my JVC - TV, it Will play everything on paramount plus but won't play live NFL games or the live NFL today, what TV do you have.

0 Kudos

nfl on cbs unfortunately an error occurred during playback

I’ve followed all the suggestions on the main post regarding this issue (Jan 2022) but it still hasn’t fixed it.

is this an issue with Paramount+ and not Roku? I can stream on my laptop and hook it up to TV with hdmi but it’s annoying.

Re: nfl on cbs unfortunately an error occurred during playback

Error message from paramount I have the same problem. It just says, unfortunately an error occurred during playback. Please try again.

0 Kudos
Hogfanx

I am sorry but why am I having this issue only on my Roku ? I can watch the NFL games with Paramount Plus fine on a Fire stick? Please help the Roku community or I see no reason to continue to use Roku. 

0 Kudos