Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobiah

Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

This doesn't work - I have the same issue as the other members - has this been resolved yet?

I have an NFL+ subscription separately through NFL but Roku is not recognizing it and allowing me to use it on Roku. 

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
mrzoops
Reel Rookie

NFL Not Using Cable Authentication

THIS IS STILL HAPPENING. How is this still a problem?? Cannot watch any live streams in the roku app on any of my 4 rokus, but working fine from any other device. Please provide some insight. 

0 Kudos
DNel

NFL Network App Crashes - Won't Start

Did they ever solve this problem??I’m dealing with it currently 8 months later!!

0 Kudos
Jason9

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

I have been having the exact same issue. Was finally able to communicate with nfl customer service and they just keep telling me to restart, unplug, uninstall, reinstall blah blah blah. I have given up and just plan on casting the games from my phone to my tv this season. If the issue is not fixed on their end before next season I won’t renew my nfl+ subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL Network App Crashes - Won't Start

Welcome to the Roku Community, @DNel.

Thanks for posting here. 

Have you tried troubleshooting it? If not, we highly suggest following the steps below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, here's the support article for further information about this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider for additional support, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku Streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: NFL Support

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfarooquie
Reel Rookie

NFL App says Something went wrong

The NFL app on Roku has known issues.  I activated a subscription using Google pay on my mobile phone and then tried logging into the NFL app and it wasn't recognizing my subscription.

I read posts about having to cancel the subscription and delete the profile and create a new profile and pay for the subscription on NFL.com.

After doing that I tried to load the NFL app but now it is not going past the Accept the Terms screen and gives me an error saying "Something went wrong please go to id.nfl.com/account"

- I have deleted the app, unplugged the TV and reinstalled the channel
- I have even done a factory reset on my TV and then reinstalled the NFL app

It is still saying the same thing.  How can I completely erase any internal memory of a previous NFL.com account so that I can login using a new account I created and paid for the premium subscription for?

This is really frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL App says Something went wrong

Hi @kfarooquie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you've encountered logging in with the NFL channel on your Roku device and the steps you took to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. To report the issue and get help, we suggest contacting the NFL customer support team.

They can resolve the error you are having with accessing the channel. You can contact them here: NFL Support.

Feel free to keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfarooquie
Reel Rookie

I do not have a problem accessing my NFL App on my computer or my phone since I am able to change the login credentials on both of those devices.  As mentioned I had purchased NFL+ Premium via my Android Google Play device and Roku did not recognize that purchase and kept trying to sell me a new subscription.  On other posts users were instructed to
 1. Cancel the subscription from their Google play
 2. Create a new account via NFL.com on a computer
 3. Log into the Roku Channel with the new credentials

On my Roku it seems that since I previously logged into my NFL App using the older credentials it won't let me get past the Accept Terms screen on the NFL Channel and give me a error saying I should go to my NFL account and fix the problem.

It is NOT letting me log in using different credentials....I have
 1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the NFL Channel
 2. Uninstalled, plugged out the TV, plugged it back and reinstalled
 3. I have even done a Factory Reset on my Roku TV

How do I delete ALL memory of the NFL App so that I can log in using the new NFL Account?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kfarooquie,

Thanks for the response, and we appreciate the additional details on this matter.

Please note that if you subscribed directly to NFL+, you'll only have access to it via a standalone app on your device, not The Roku Channel.

When you launch the NFL Plus standalone application installed on your Roku device, you can view two different signing alternatives. To see if you can move further, first select the option that reads "Already have an account" from the menu.

Please keep us updated if you find that this solution is successful.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfarooquie
Reel Rookie

The Roku NFL App doesn't even let me get past the Accept Terms screen...it just keeps saying there is an error

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.