Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Born2wice
Channel Surfer

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

That does not work.  Newsmax does not recognize my email used for Roku (which is where it was paid for) and app does not allow a sign in.   Not sure if you have tried that with Roku as you mention amazon.

0 Kudos
Cynemery17
Reel Rookie

Same here! I paid for Newsmax and no free trial can’t even get what I paid for! What a ripoff!

0 Kudos
Cynemery17
Reel Rookie

Hasn’t worked for me!!

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS ROKU Password Error

Same thing happens to me.  My password works when logging into roku.com on my laptop, but when I key in the password on the tv screen, it won't take it.  I've updated the software and highlighted the Newsmax app.  But, it won't take my password on the tv screen.  Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Yes!  And my password is still unrecognized.  

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Did you "sign up" on ROKU? 

If so, call ROKU/get a refund/sign up the way you were told to on https://www.newsmaxplus.com/

Then go to your ROKU/go to Newsmax/click the *options button and/Update...Sign in with your Newsmax U/N password etc

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

I haven't signed up yet since that was what I was trying to log in to do.  I can't find a way to sign up for Newsmax Plus on Roku.  It appears that one has to sign up and pay on the newsmaxplus.com website but my question was how does Roku know I've signed up there?  I naively thought I could subscribe to Newsmax Plus on Roku just like one does for other channels.  But, it appears that Newsmax Plus is an outlier and that the normal Roku payment route doesn't work for it.  I'm guessing that one has to subscribe on the newsmaxplus.com website and then somehow, magically, Roku knows that I've done so and will allow me access.  But, I'm hearing of people write in that they still can't get Newsmax Plus on Roku despite signing up for it on newsmaxplus.com.  Apparently, it's a very inconsistent process.  What a mess!

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

You are correct.  You MUST signup for access on the Newsmax website I gave you.  It will link directly to your ROKU.  They were the exact instructions Newsmax gave us.  It works.  I have NO idea how "magicaly" ROKU knows; however, it "feeds" off Newsmax. 

So bottom line is this...You MUST signup through the newsmax site, then go to ROKU/click on your Newsmax APP/click the *(options) button and will UPDATE for you and ask you to put in your newsmax U/N and P/W....

0 Kudos
MPfaffmann
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS ROKU Password Error

I am in the same boat. 

0 Kudos

It might be a GO for some, but not her in Oklahoma.  I'm frustrated that I keep trying all the supposed fixes and I still can't access NEWSMAX+   i've subscibed and the system recognized that in some places but not in others.  I am peeved.  HOW DO I GET NEWSMAX+ CONTENT???

YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT cbnlake@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.