Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Nope, and tried to watch it again last night but gave up after trying to navigate all the error messages to view an old episode of Schmitt. This is the most frustrating streaming application that this subscriber has ever encountered. And neither Roku nor Newmax+ seem eager to help the subscribers who are having similar difficulties. Unless this is corrected with some assistance from "customer service" this subscriber will not renew that subscription.

0 Kudos
JackD356
Binge Watcher

Every should IGNORE this SHILL..

Every complaint made about this garbage service gets a response the shill above...

Oh, it works for me, I only had to enter my password once, blah, blah blah.

What a joke, Newsmax is a JOKE and so is the above contributor.

tld6008
Channel Surfer

Yea if it worked so good they wouldn't have all of their headliners hawking the service ad nauseam on Newsmax 2.

Totally PATHETIC!

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

I guess I'm just more capable than the propagandist useful -----s.

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

At the risk of another personal attack I'd suggest that your experiences are not at all typical or believable.

aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things (NOT).

I am not sure who was the target of Greenie's comment/response.  But let me assume someone has success using ROKU and keeping the Login for NewsMax "sticky".  

If there is a successful process to follow, I would like to hear it.  The closest I get to NOT having to re-specify Login and Password is when Newsmax 'thinks' I am still logged In. This may happen when ONLY the TV is turned OFF by the remote so ROKU streamer remans ON.  Or, I re-Log On soon after logging OFF. These are the 2 conditions that allow me to Avoid having to Login AGAIN.   The LogIn is NOT 'STICKY' (WORKING) for me.   
I live in a retirement community of about 140,000 people.  The techie demographics are obvious.  I am on the younger side with a lifetime of IT experience - I am handling this.  NewsMax: You don't have a prayer of getting beyond the (modest) 200,000 subscribers that you boast thru people from this community if using a ROKU. 

I am about to permanently 'sign-off' myself.

Greenie
Streaming Star

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things (NOT).

I'm not "targeting" anyone. I am relating my personal experience - which for the 11th time started out with difficulties signing on in early November but since about 11/20 I have not had to enter a password to watch Newsmax. Not once.

I watch Newsmax several times a day and can switch between programs on Roku without difficulty. For a while I used the back arrows when I wished to switch from Newsmax to another station but no longer do that. I switch between Newsmax and Fox News, Prime, Netflix. my wife watches other programs without difficulties either.

Who knows why four months after Newsmax started a paywall a few viewers claim to have ongoing issues. I'm no technical wizard and there are plenty of technical issues I have difficulty with - watching Newsmax isn't one of them.

0 Kudos
SJW3
Reel Rookie

I wouldn't attack you personally, but can assure you I am having the problems that I stated!

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Nothing personal here, but just got a response from Newsmax customer service that basically confirms that they have identified and are aware of the problem, and are diligently working on a fix. It reads in part:

"Thank you for contacting Newsmax Customer Service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
We understand your frustration and how important it is for our customers to have access to our content. We want to assure you that our Technical Team and App Developers are working tirelessly on an update for the Newsmax TV app that is compatible with Roku devices which will solve the problems you are experiencing."

We can only hope that the fix will rollout soon. Sometimes a majority can be convinced that the minority is somehow crazy or demented, simply because they haven't yet experienced the real truth of an issue.
0 Kudos
JackD356
Binge Watcher

Yeah, I heard that garbage months ago. They could care less about fixing anything...

"Thank you for contacting Newsmax Customer Service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We understand your frustration and how important it is for our customers to have access to our content. We want to assure you that our Technical Team and App Developers are working tirelessly on an update for the Newsmax TV app that is compatible with Roku devices which will solve the problems you are experiencing."

0 Kudos