Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Make sure to use your "back arrow" until you actually are prompted with the question "Do you want to EXIT the APP". then click EXIT.  If you just jump from one app to another, then I'm hearing from multiple people that you will be prompted for your p/w.

I must add though, that Newsmax is down this morning on TV.  I'm online watching, with major buffering UGH

0 Kudos
midimoore
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I paid for the Plus subscription via their link watched on Saturday and Sunday, and this morning it reads loading then goes to a blue or white screen. This is insane. Emailed and left a message with NM customer service.

0 Kudos
Ruthjeff3

It worked one day and now i get dead screen. App and Roku or updated but app is not working. I just unsubscribed for second time. Refuse to pay if I can’t watch consistently. You guys screwed those of us who will never subscribe to cable again.  

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Yes, it appears Newsmax is down, both on ROKU and Phone.  Neither want to load.  I posted a scathing note to them on Twitter as well (X). 

0 Kudos
Bill31

Things are not fixed. Couldn't access app this morning. Uninstalled it, restarted ROKU, installed NEWMAX app again and got a blank white screen. Tried again about 1/2 hour later got to a NEWMAX screen with menu on left but when making a selection on any menu item, get "Something Went Wrong" on screen. If things are fixed in the lab, you might want to field test it before roll out or maybe this is the field test.

midimoore
Channel Surfer

I completely agree. The roll out was rushed. It doesn't seem to have been beta-tested—a complete disaster.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

We all agree.  Things are screwed up this morning.  Even their online is buffering..I wonder if they have anyone reading their Twitter account, because it's blowing up AGAIN!!!

0 Kudos
MAGAMama

Sure is and my comment is one of them!! I thought it was my issue then I got back on this thread and saw it was not. Praying it's fixed bc I want to see what happens with Trump's testimony!!! 

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things NOT

I had OAN, subscribed for a few months - always having to provide login information which often wasn't recognized. Attempts to contact OAN about connection problems went unanswered. Maybe it's better now, but OAN was not watchable on a reliable basis.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

I'm following the court house proceedings online (newsmax) probably like everyone else.  UGH!!  https://www.newsmaxtv.com/

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.