Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

This time of night they are playing documentaries which are very interesting  Now that you're "IN", you shouldn't have a problem.  ...I say that with a little trepidation; however.  Today, after 3 days of watching non stop, it asked me to sign in.  I'm sure this will get fixed as well, but in the meantime....IF you should get an "ERROR", just click "More Info" and put in your password to get back in.  I'm giving them a little slack, that's all. BUT so glad you got in.  If you have ANY issues at all, just "reply" to me and I will try to assist you @Greenie 

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
leorenee
Binge Watcher

I paid for yearly subscription on my Roku device 11/02/2023. Newsmax plus for day and a half. 11/04/2023 the newsmax app has been signed out. Unable to view newsmax plus even with a subscription. Called Roku I was told ask for refund but unable to do that for some reason. I can't figure out how to sign in so I can see what I paid for. At this point I am beyond frustrated!

0 Kudos
midimoore
Channel Surfer

The same issue happened to me. Newsmax Customer Service explained that I had to pay the subscription through their site to access NewsmaxPlus to stream on Roku. I paid initially on Roku and had one day of access to Plus. I called Roku Customer Service and received a refund for my Roku payment for the subscription. I paid for the annual subscription using the Newsmax link on their site, and I now have uninterrupted streaming via Roku.

0 Kudos
mconneen
Reel Rookie

I cancelled the subscription I did on newsmax.com then started a subscription through Roku. I just added a new Roku device for a bedroom TV and both of the Roku devices are streaming Newsmax Plus. Try deleting the app and then reinstalling it. 

0 Kudos
ADW1
Reel Rookie

Do you find that the password does not save so you need to re-enter it every time you go to the app. I have two Roku TV snd every time I need to enter password 

0 Kudos
midimoore
Channel Surfer

Yes, that was happening when I paid via Roku which did not connect me to NewsmaxPlus. Once I received my refund from Roku yesterday and paid for the Newsmax subscription via the Newsmax site, I am in, and I do not have to enter my password each time. 

0 Kudos
ADW1
Reel Rookie

How did you cancel with Roku? I paid for the year and checked under subscriptions and see no way to cancel it.

0 Kudos
midimoore
Channel Surfer

I called the Roku customer service telephone number, 816-272-8106, and spoke with a representative to explain what happened and that I must pay Newsmax directly. I was issued a refund and received an email confirmation.

0 Kudos
leorenee
Binge Watcher

Need to call Roku to cancel if you paid through Roku, 1-816-272-8106. Roku has been wonderful. Newsmax customer service is a mess. No call back or response from email it's been 36 hours and counting.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.