Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX APP UPDATED - INSTRUCTIONS HERE

Please load Newsmax on my Roku access.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

•            My Newsmax ap states that I have been signed out(code error). How do I turn Newsmax back on?                                                                                              
0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Click on the 'MORE INFO" button and sign back in

0 Kudos
SmartPCGuy

Glad that works for you.   But what works for you is not working for me.   From any of my three Roku.  Pressing "More" only suggests a monthly subscription.   And yet, I have my email receipt for the annual subscription as well as noting the credit card being billed.

This is such **bleep**.   I cannot access my annual subscription to NewsMax+ and apparently I have no recourse through Roku but to "wait" or write off the $50 because Roku has no refund policy.   Well... they do.   It's "NO REFUND".

On App version 5.01.  The "You have been signed out. (Code{errorCode})" message is the best indicator that the Roku/NewsMax app went to market with piss poor quality assurance.  I say this as a systems architect.   They can't even write an error handler that works.

--Bob

SmartPCGuy

To follow up with my post in this thread...

The customer service person I chatted with this morning told me that I needed to contact NewsMax to resolve the issue.

I explained that it was Roku that accepted my payment so they should either refund me the money they accepted or fix the issue.

So... I received my "one-time courtesy refund for $53.11 to Newsmax: Annual Subscription as a valued customer".

So, there's that.

0 Kudos

They don't do this to their liberal stations. If you haven't seen how the Jewish owned media stations are making it impossible for us to watch, then you rode the short bus with big doors to school. 

0 Kudos
goodole1
Channel Surfer

So basically you are saying there is no regular News Max? You have to pay to upgrade to the News Max +

I have two Roku TV's and one Roku Plus device and they all say I signed out and I cannot get back in them.

Response please, goodole1

Forget it. I will junk the Roku TV's and the one Pro device I have. I'm to old to deal with this **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

You can watch Newsmax, but it will be older content.  IF you want to watch LIVE Newsmax+ you must "sign up for it" here:  https://www.newsmaxtv.com/

Of course they charge you!!!!  They're in business, just like your water company, electric, insurance etc. etc. !!!

Once you "sign up" you will select username/password, then you will "UPDATE" your Newsmax APP, which you will need in order to watch. 

0 Kudos