Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NESN_Admin

Re: NESN App downloand but will not play when "Watch Now" is clicked

Good Afternoon, please confirm you have the latest NESN Roku app version 3.0

0 Kudos
Bnf6

I have the same issue where the app is updated on roku to 3.0, I am signed into my Xfinity account, and I can watch old videos in the app, but live NESN and NESN+ seem unresponsive when I click on them to play. Computer and phone apps working just fine, but the roku version doesn’t seem to be responsive for live TV.

Cgard87
Reel Rookie

Can confirm, having the same issue and running 3.0... worked on Friday and now not today! Also can't load any shows as it just shows the loading screen

0 Kudos
klm111a
Reel Rookie

I have also updated to version 3.0 of the NESN app on ROKU. As I said before, the app still runs fine on my phone and laptop...just the app on ROKU seems to be having this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on this channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cgard87
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Everyone on the thread has already done that and NESN says nothing. Maybe ROKU should see its a problem for a bunch of users and reach out to NESN? The app doesn't have a abysmal rating for nothing! As they HAVE ZERO customer service

0 Kudos
LTouet
Reel Rookie

We have installed, uninstalled, updated rebooted and every other permutation. 

We now get an error that we are out of the NESN service area. We most definitely are not. We are in Western Maine using a NESN account based upon our XFINITY account in northeast MA. 

This seems to be an error with the app either receiving an erroneous location, or acting upon location improperly. 

0 Kudos
ChrisNW

NESN has streamed successfully for 2+ years until about 3 weeks ago.  NESN and my cable provider cannot determine the cause of the problem.

I have factory reset the Roku and the problem continues.  I believe that it is a geolocation issue in the app because I can stream via the web when authenticated to the cable provider.

0 Kudos
BierHere

When I used the URL sign in got the same problems as everyone else.

But when I logged in via putting my username/password into NESN360 app in Roku directly, it worked fine.  Seems like a problem with the quick URL login.

0 Kudos
scott-j

I had the same issue w/ NESN360 and my Roku, even though I'm not using COX for SP, but rather Charter/Spectrum.  The way I resolve this (albeit temporarily, and have to do each time) is to navigate the NESN360 top menu all the way to the right to the 'Account' tab, and then under that choose "Manage NESN Account' and then actually 'sign out'... they you simply have to re-log in w/ your user name and password, and then go back to 'watch' and the live broadcast will play.  It's a pain in the **bleep**, but works every time I do it (on any of my TVs with ROKU sticks, which is all of them).  Painful, but you get to watch what you paid for...  hope this helps 🙂  Scott