Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LCnoR
Reel Rookie

NASA Channel Videos Will Not Play

When viewing the NASA Channel, I can watch NASA TV (Public).  However, I can no longer select a video and watch it.  When I click on a video (e.g., This Week @NASA Sept. 15, 2023) it comes up.  When I go to the box marked "Free" and select "Watch now", the screen flashes and comes back without Playing the video.  I have tried deleting & reinstalling the channel, but it no longer works .

I use ROKU Ultra 4800x connect to Ethernet, & HDMI.to Samasung TV.

HELP, HELP

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NASA Channel Videos Will Not Play

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
EER

The above post does not solve the problem. Two weeks ago, TW@N (This Week @ NASA) with live TV and all videos were viewable except that some videos would pause to buffer every 1.5 minutes. Now, when I click any video except Live TV, the video starts and immediately returns without showing any video.

I think NASA has altered the video format such that the videos are no longer .mp4 or whatever format they provided before 2 weeks ago.

EER

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for trying the provided troubleshooting steps, @EER.

If issues with channels on the Roku platform cannot be fixed by our provided fixes, we suggest you reach out to the provider directly to inquire further, as this issue may be known on their end.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos