Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku is haunted by Bob Ross videos.

OK, I know this is gonna sound strange but it is happening.  For some unforeseen reason my Roku seems to be haunted by Bob Ross videos. No matter what channel I’m watching on cable or what streaming service I am using, intermittently my TV will flash to video of Bob Ross on the Pluto Channel.  Some times it’s a young Bob Ross; sometimes he’s older.  And every once in a while we get to see the commercials between Bob Ross episodes.  Bob Ross on the Pluto Channel is the only common factor.

I’ve done the obvious.  I’ve reset my Roku and removed the Pluto Channel but it’s still happening.  On any given day, our viewing is interrupted up to a dozen times with Bob Ross videos from the Pluto Channel (yes, the same Pluto Channel that was removed).  Help please, this is driving me crazy. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku is haunted by Bob Ross videos.

Is there a Pluto button on your remote? 
Do you use one of those screensavers that has little advertisements floating by so that if you press Play on your remote it installs whatever's being advertised?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos