Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDG1952

My Channel Viewing History

Is there a way to view my viewing history?    For example how long and when did I last watch the Netflix channel,  YouTube,  Prime, etc. 

I understand that Roku cannot tell me exactly what I watched on Netflix but they must know when I last opened the Netflix app and for how long.

I have read that the Roku device itself does not store a viewing history but it must be in some database somewhere.  Also understand that most channel apps have a history.  I want to see a list of channels and when I watched them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Channel Viewing History

Hi @RDG1952,

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to have access to your viewing history, but as of the moment, we actually don't have that feature yet. No worries, we'll take this suggestion into consideration. With your feedback, we'll be more driven to do more in the future. 

Your satisfaction is essential to us. Know that we're only a call and message away if there's anything else we can help you with. Happy streaming!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Terry1970

I have the same frustration. Last night I only saw an hour of a 1-1/2 hour movie because I fell asleep. This morning it wasn't on CONTINUE WATCHING. Want to see the rest of it, but can't remember the name.

PS: Nothing I watch on Amazon Prime ever shows on my Continue Watching list. What gives?!

Ana_nimos

Hello, i too would like the feature available. I have Roku's in all my kids rooms, and i would love to be able to see what they are watching when they should be watching PBS Kids. unfortunately i cant have Roku's with Some app removed or blocked without it affecting others.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ana_nimos 

If you only want "certain" channels/apps installed on a Roku device (like a kid's device), then you can create a seperate Roku account for these devices.

When all the Roku devices use the same Roku account (same email address), then all the devices are "linked" and all channels/apps are shared between the devices.

You can just set up a new/different Roku account (use different email address) and then just install the preferred channels/apps you want to on this "unlinked" device. (you will need to first Factory Reset the unlinked device by pressing and holding Reset button for 30+ seconds, or going to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset

----

Roku really needs to focus on incorporating some sort of "Profiles" feature on their devices for families, but for the time being, setting up devices on seperate accounts may be your best bet to limit access to channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.