Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Statue

Movie playing with same name as episode of an unrelated series

Jump to solution

I've had this happen on both the Roku Channel and Netflix Channel. I would search for something, and try to play it, but instead of playing what I selected, it plays something else with the same name. I don't remember the name of the movie on the Roku channel, but it was a live action version of an anime move starring Scarlett Johannsen. The icon shows Scarlett, but when I tried to play it on the Roku channel, it showed the anime version instead. Today, on Netflix, I'm trying to play the 4th Episode of Terminator Zero. The episode is called "A Quiet Place Part II", but when I try to play it, it plays a movie called "A Quiet Place Part II", and I can't get to the episode selection on Terminator Zero to either skip or or select the episode from there.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Statue

Re: Movie playing with same name as episode of an unrelated series

Jump to solution

The other series was "Cowboy Bebop" - also on Netflix. I contacted Netflix, and they had to reset something on my account, then had me unplug and plug the Roku back in again - it looks like it is working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Statue

Re: Movie playing with same name as episode of an unrelated series

Jump to solution

The other series was "Cowboy Bebop" - also on Netflix. I contacted Netflix, and they had to reset something on my account, then had me unplug and plug the Roku back in again - it looks like it is working now.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.