Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moey08

Malformed Data error with Disney Plus app

I have a number of different Roku devices in my home.  Two TVs, and 3 different Roku boxes (Express 4K, Premiere, and an older Ultra?).  My Roku Premiere box has been having issues with the Disney Plus app for about 2 months now.  It is the only Roku device in the house with the issue and it is only with the Disney app, not Netflix, not Prime, not Crave, etc.  I am continuously getting a 'malformed data' error.  When choosing a movie/video to watch, the screen flickers with the death spiral spinning around, and after about a minute, it seems to just time out and shows a 'malformed data' error.  I've tried resetting the Premiere box, deleting the Disney app and reinstalling, unplugging the Premiere box, updating the app, updating the Roku player, etc.  The issue continues.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. Roku Premiere+ (3921 series)  

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Malformed Data error with Disney Plus app

@Moey08 wrote:

... I've tried resetting the Premiere box, deleting the Disney app and reinstalling, unplugging the Premiere box, ...

Right steps, wrong order.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. 1, 2, 3. What you said was 2, 1, 3. Gotta be 1, 2, 3.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
esksfan
Reel Rookie

I am now also getting that same error on my Roku tv. I have tried the suggestion above and that did not work for me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@esksfan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have to taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saarijm

All channels are getting this error

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Saarijm

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
esksfan
Reel Rookie

Hi there, I had this error a couple months ago, what I did was go to settings, then power, then system restart and that worked for me

bryanb

Thank you. Your answer, of settings, then power, then restart worked! The other answers of uninstalling, repowering, and reinstalling did NOT work and were a waste of time. Thanks for only giving advice that works! 

Thanks, this worked for me

0 Kudos
Monalissa

Thank you! That worked for me! In so glad I saw your suggestion and tried it before all the other riggamaroll lol

0 Kudos