Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MAX Login password length

Jump to solution

HERE IS HOW TO LOGIN WITH THIS ERROR. Select provider and that will give you a QR code and a number. Don't scan the QR Code

Then goto max.com/signin

Sign in using your login on your phone or computer, then type in that code that is displayed on your roku. This will sign you in. 

Jump to solution

That’s entirely untrue. My login works perfectly fine on a fire stick as well as my phone. It only doesn’t work on Roku. Don’t try and pass off your bugs on someone else. 

Jump to solution

I tried and still didn’t work. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Johnnychico wrote:

That’s entirely untrue. My login works perfectly fine on a fire stick as well as my phone. It only doesn’t work on Roku. Don’t try and pass off your bugs on someone else. 

Hey Johnny! We're going to have to push back here as we don't program any apps for our channel partners. They likely will have different app packages depending on the platform and these apps are entirely handled by the channel partner.

We've alerted the channel's engineering team to get this resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, try one of the aforementioned workarounds, casting from your mobile device, or updating your password.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
kat-e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can confirm @TetonTech's suggestion worked and only when in incognito mode as instructed. Thanks dude!

Jbeetle

Jump to solution

Thank you for that valuable input. I'm glad to know that Roku does the app development for their channel partners. Every other company makes the channel partners develop their own apps. I think so much higher of Roku now. And you for that completely unintelligent comment. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The thing with this is it’s not all roku devices. I can log into max on my roku tv but on on my express+ device 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Roku TV and Roku devices will use different channel packages. 

Max believes the issue has been identified and will be solved in a future channel update around the corner. The channel will update automatically once available. In the meantime, please use one of the workarounds mentioned in previous posts on this thread, or update your password to use 10 or more characters. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for alerting us to this issue so that we could escalate with the channel partner. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can confirm @TetonTech's suggestion worked and only when in incognito mode as instructed.

YOU HAVE TO BE IN INCOGNITO when you go to your browser . worked immediately this way

0 Kudos
Lestat568

Jump to solution

What does around the corner mean - when will the 9 digit requirement be fixed?  Seems like closing the solution is premature until it’s actually fixed!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.