Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cupcake47

Jump to solution

This may be the ultimate nit-picky question, but as a "seasoned citizen" I take my Weather Channel very seriously. There seems to be a built-in location for my Roku and it is several hundred miles from me. That means that when the Weather Channel gives "local" weather, it is not particularly local. Is there a way to change that default?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Location

Jump to solution

@Cupcake47

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Location

Jump to solution

@Cupcake47

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcelius

Location default changed on roku

Jump to solution

There has to be something in Roku that defaults the location because once iset up a second roku at my 2nd house all my apps default to that location.  The location was correct when i had just one roku one house

Tags (1)
0 Kudos