Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live news stream does not play on the roku TV but plays on everything else in house

I have a app on the roku TV similar to ABC,CBS ect. In Canada  I can watch everything except the live air channel. It's a local channel  I can watch it on everything else in the house but not the roku.  Should I do a factory reset?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Live news stream does not play on the roku TV but plays on everything else in house

You might try something more gentle than a factory reset such as: remove channel, reboot Roku (not the full factory reset just the simple reset/reboot) and then (re) add the channel. (The reboot after removing is important or it will not be fully removed.)

You might also want to contact the channel developer.  They might already have a fix available, or at least an explanation.

Also, listing the specific channel/app might help other people with the same problem find this thread.

0 Kudos