Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfmc369
Channel Surfer

Just REPLACED a ROKU 3 PLAYER WITH A 4820r. need help with finding lost items

I just replaced a Roku 3 player and remote with a Roku 4820r player. 

I have 2 problems.

1st - It still lists my favorite channels, but I can't get it to remember any recent channels. I get the message that no filters exist. 

2nd - where is the last channel button located on the remote? I used to be able to press the bottom left button on the remote to switch back and forth between the last 2 viewed channels.

Did they remove it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Just REPLACED a ROKU 3 PLAYER WITH A 4820r. need help with finding lost items

I assume you're speaking of features within a particular channel/app since there is no dedicated "last channel" button on a Roku remote - it would be up to the developer to implement that feature, not Roku.  What channel/app are you using?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Just REPLACED a ROKU 3 PLAYER WITH A 4820r. need help with finding lost items

If it is in an app, it's not unusual for an older model Roku to be left running an older version of the app and not get updates. There may have been changes that only newer models get.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

By any chance do you have a Roku TV as well?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
tfmc369
Channel Surfer

I am just using the remote from the new Roku unit I purchased. and actually, there is a last channel button on the remote. On the Roku 3 unit remote it is the last button on the bottom left. I think it is the double back arrow.

0 Kudos
tfmc369
Channel Surfer

No, it is an LG tv.

0 Kudos
tfmc369
Channel Surfer

I don't understand your question, "What channel/app are you using?

i turn in the tv, go to the HDMI channel that the Roku is connected to, and then go to our home channel, Spectrum. but it does the same thing with the Netflix channel. thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

The double back arrow means rewind.  In this thread, you’ll see some people talking about 2 different buttons on the remote doing double duty as “previous channel”.  It seems that some of them were functions within specific apps, and some of them were features of specific models of Roku TVs under specific conditions.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos