Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slettieri

Re: It's A Wonderful Life isn't the original

Im watching it now and it’s still not fixed.  It just isn’t the same.  The musical score needs to be fixed because this movie is too good to have it changed in any way.  

jlporter013
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi Are you guys able to fix this? Thank you!

kellygr

Suffered through Roku's version of "It's a Wonderful Life" because we couldn't get it to stream through properly on an of the other free streaming services, and our DVD player wasn't working (we watch it every year).  VERY disappointed in this bogus rendition! The score is totally masked over with garbage that does not fit the original at all! Even the voices of the actors have been changed, even silenced because some idiot decided to change the entire soundtrack. This detracted from the experience of the movie immeasurably. Somebody should be sued. I won't be coming back to Roku anytime soon. Btw, we made sure to mute and ignore the ads, so you won't get anything out of us there.

lynnl716

Just started watching this tonight and it's still not right. For those of us that have been watching this movie for years, these changes are glaring and wrong. I'd like to know what the reasons were for the changes. Messing with such a classic move is horrible and NOT okay. 

So strange how these somewhat small changes to the original, in particular the music, upset the continuity of the film. I too had to turn it off because of the music and pulled my DVD out to watch it in its correct format.

GabStreamer
Channel Surfer

I just turned it on to watch and noticed immediately! That opening music is so wrong! I had to stop watching and Googled to see what the issue is. That's how I found this thread. Roku should remove the movie as soon as possible. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

@Welker  Everything you said is absolutely correct! Changing classics is shameful! I believe this is one of the major drawbacks of digital videos. Eventually replacing physical media completely which will mean the only way you can view something is digital streams, which can be altered at anytime without your consent.

Even if you "purchase" a video you don't really own it because the studio that licenses the streaming videos has the final say on what version you are allowed to stream. This means that any scenes can be changed, music can be replaced, lines can be cut out or changed because somebody today deems the original "too offensive" or "politically incorrect" or maybe because the movie or show expresses an opinion that the ruling political party today doesn't like.

This is why everyone should continue to purchase DVD or blu ray copies of your true favorites so that they can never be altered on you without your permission. All digital files with AI in control of everything as the future is very scary because it means that everything can be reshaped and changed to fit the current agenda being pushed.

When you really think about it this is complete fascism under the guise of political correctness. We need to push back, fake versions of movies like this need to be removed from all sources and legal action needs to be filed to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Restore the original unaltered movie NOW!

GabStreamer
Channel Surfer

For anyone who longs to see the original, and doesn't own a copy, stick to NBC. They're airing it at 8:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. I thought they had exclusive rights to it anyway, but obviously there are some "alternate" versions out there. It's a shame that new viewers won't know the difference. Imagine an alternate Wizard of Oz, with different songs and voices. Same concept. 

jenstevens

yeah -what were they thinking.  This is the worst. Can't get it off my TV fast enough.  And it's still not fixed  12-17-2023.

jenstevens

Not done yet.    12-17-2023.  Terrible!