Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirRen
Channel Surfer

Re: Is there a way to get Newsmaxplus on roku? Mine only gets NM2

You should not have to delete the Newsmax App, really its just updating the app. 

These are the instructions to update the Newsmax App

1. Open your Roku device and press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll to the right and highlight the Newsmax app.
  3. With the Newsmax App highlighted, press the asterisk (or star) button on the Roku remote. A popup menu will appear
  4. Within the popup menu, select “check for updates” and follow the prompt to update the app.

Once updated, you would sign in with the email and password you used when you subscribed to Newsmax (not the Roku account email password). 

Click Live TV on Left, you should see a top video breadcrumb and below that is the Newsmax2 video breadcrumb. 

0 Kudos
Lainie
Reel Rookie

Mine did the same until around 4:00 PM (EST) today. You have to register first in Newsmax Plus.com or anything that has a link to where you register, then create a username and password. Then go to the asterisk or star on your remote, and update the app in Roku. You will need to sign in using the username and password you created in NM+ not the Roku account. If it doesn't happen then wait a few minutes or so and try again. I registered yesterday and couldn't get in until this afternoon. NM was having a technical issue with getting it to work with Roku from what I was told. Good luck, don't give up, and have a great evening. 😍

canesfan1060
Reel Rookie

I followed the instructions to update software > update Roku> Restart Roku> Enter new or your Newsmax+ credentials> YABADABADOO!!! Got Newsmax+ Yeah!!!

Joseph9
Channel Surfer

Mine was working but now it has failed again.  Have to put in credentials every time and it wants me to join, which of course I already did.  Nothing but frustration at this point so I'm going to opt out.  Besides, too many commercials.  Still works on PC but buffers half the time. 

Lainie
Reel Rookie

Don't sign out, just go to whatever you may want to watch. If you should see a message asking if you want to sign out, press NO, then hit the Home button to go somewhere else, and remember, if you do sign out by mistake, sign back in with the NM+ username and password, not the Roku ones. Hope this helps. Have a great day! 😍

Nanoo

Did this, worked fine for that day.  Next day it would not reopen.  Starting all over again.  Getting code, not signed in (error code).  Signed out, back in, still won't play.  I'm truly disgusted with process.  

mamorated3

signed up for NMplus, paid for it and today they want me to pay again, obviously they are having problems with whatever they are doing.  I have Roku and it was supposed to stream????

0 Kudos
couyon1
Reel Rookie

I got told the same thing, however Roku advised me they did not have Newsmax and encouraged me to push Newsmax to request it. The best is I received another email from Roku reiterating they did not have it and suggesting I go through Google. Also made the comment that Fox must be laughing at this snafu. Found that interesting.  

0 Kudos
couyon1
Reel Rookie

I tried and it still does not work. Roku advises it is not on their network

0 Kudos
Drifterdog

i just got it. newsmax app / update boom morning sean and emily

0 Kudos