Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perrykony
Reel Rookie

Is Roku Live TV Unavailable while in Mexico?

Hello,  I was in Mexico 2 years ago and brough my Roku Ultra with.  Could use the Roku Live TV app to stream all news and other services, such as Newsmax, ABC news, etc.  However, I am back here now, and when attempting to open the Roku LIve TV app, I get nothing.  No matter what channel I select, there is no stream.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, rebooted my Roku, still nothing.  Software is up to date.  CAn someone please tell me if this issue is because the service is not available in Mexico anymore, or is it something else?

Thanks!  Perry

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is Roku Live TV Unavailable while in Mexico?

I don't know if it's the problem or not, but in general you'll have issues trying to use a device that was set up in one region in a different region.  It's also not supported.  If you're going to be there a while or travel there often you may want to create a new Mexico account and link your device to that account when you're there.  It's a pain to switch a device from one account to another since the only way to do it is to factory reset the device.

P.S. - The Live TV app is available in Mexico:

https://channelstore.roku.com/es-mx/details/877c48988ee77b0aea95d534d6d53f02/live-tv-guide

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
perrykony
Reel Rookie

Re: Is Roku Live TV Unavailable while in Mexico?

Okay thanks.  I have time to reset it and I will give it a try, as I predominantly use my Roku Ultra for travel.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.