Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheOriginalTony
Reel Rookie

#itvx channel wont load up. Keeps dropping out

Removed.

Updated and restarted Roku

Reinstalled ITVX app, still doesn't work. Goes to splash screen then drops out to Roku menu.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Janerg

Re: #itvx channel wont load up. Keeps dropping out

I’m having the exact same problem today! 

0 Kudos
Dago
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem with itvx on all 3 of our roku devices. Flashes up itvx but immediately goes back to home page/menu.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you informing us about the playback issues you've encountered with the ITVx app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause of this and get you back on streaming. 

Before we proceed, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with the following details:

• Error messages prompted.
  • Is this the only app you are having this issue with?

In the meantime, kindly try the following steps to help you troubleshoot this app:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. You may also visit this support article related to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JudyG1

I’ve also had this problem since yesterday.  I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested but nothing works.  Other apps are fine.  ITVX will open to the point of ‘who’s watching’, then drops out when a name is selected and goes back to Roku Home Screen.  I don’t get an error message.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

ITVX contact info:  Online form

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.