Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikpatil

Re: IPTV Smarters Pro - How do I add

IPTV is legal. If Apple TV can provide this app I then why not Roku. I just think Roku isn’t as big of a platform like apple 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Nikpatil 

Some are - most are not.  

Roku is not very supportive of IPTV player Channels/apps because of its potential for abuse by some.  Especially those Channels/apps that are solely login gateways for various IPTV services. 

Other than using an IPTV player on a laptop/computer/mobile device and either casting to Roku device or using HDMI cable, users that primarily use these IPTV services for a good deal of content viewing will find that an alternative streaming platform will probably be their best option and experience.

As a general rule, if a Channel/app has the potential to grant access to unlicensed/unauthorized content, going to be very difficult to find and use on the Roku platform.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

mamadou

I can't use smarters pro on my Roku.

Can toi help me please ?

0 Kudos

Smarters 

0 Kudos
Ask1more
Reel Rookie

Merci pour votre réponse

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Kint

...are you a magician?

0 Kudos
Kint

Simply put....you can add the app but it's not usable, Roku blocks your playlist. Its useless hence why most people use other platforms for IPTV.

0 Kudos
Kint

You can't. Roku blocks the playlist. Use another platform.

0 Kudos

The URL is not registered with Smarters 

0 Kudos
ByeClosedSystem
Reel Rookie

Goodbye Roku!

Hello Amazon FireTV! 

Just an FYI if you want to be able to use IPTV streaming services, invest in an Amazon FireTV stick, I've seen them new as low as $14.99. 

Save yourself the hassle of searching for hours on ways to sideload Roku with any IPTV streaming service, it is flat out a waste of time. If you are lucky enough to sneak one by on a sideload, it will be quickly disabled and your ability to sideload at all will be revoked.

Roku made a definite mistake and underestimated the importance of their Private Channels feature. 

I for example am getting rid of ALL the many Roku devices I had on different TV's and have sworn off the company. I made one last ditch effort today to see if I could save the devices from storage by sideloading any IPTV streaming service and after wasting 1-2 hours trying, I am throwing in the towel      SO SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE. I used to love Roku products and recommended them to all of my friends and family but removing such a beloved feature on all of their devices, I made the switch to Amazon (blegh) FireTV and haven't looked back. That said, I am by no means an Amazon fan and may switch further to just a generic Android device for TVs, that way I can install TiviMate Premium. If you have an IPTV streaming service plan, I'd highly recommend you do the same!

Roku cut the private channel feature out of pure greed. They couldn't profit from it, so why allow it to continue? 

I'm proof why. You will continue to lose customers to your top competitors over this gaffe, I guarantee it. 

Adios, have fun on your closed system Roku's!