Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcrdaddyscruffy
Reel Rookie

IP Camera Viewer Video Pixelate

I recently purchased and installed the IP Camera Viewer Roku app. and all three of my cameras connected to the application successfully.  The issue I have is that the video being displayed is pixelated for all three cameras.  The quality of the video  being displayed is not very clear.  I installed the viewer program on two of my TV's (via Roku).  One was a 1080P Samsung and the other was a 4K Samsung and the same results.  By the way, the connection from my Amcrest DVR to all three cameras is via RS485.

I have no video issue when viewing the feed from my computer or cellphone using the Amcrest (AMDV10814-S4) Surveillance Pro software.  Everything is sharp and clear.  One of my PTZ cameras is a SecuPlug another is a Stoic.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mcrdaddyscruffy
Reel Rookie

Re: IP Camera Viewer Video Pixelate

I modified many of the initial settings to see if it would make a difference, but no, the images appear to have a low resolution and quality is not good.  It would be nice if the developer of this application would chime in and make a few suggestions.  I'd like to keep this app, but as I mentioned, the pixels in the image appear and ruin the quality of the display.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mcrdaddyscruffy, this section of the "community" is for Roku cameras.  You might be better off posting in the Channels & viewing section.  The developer, @ioan , probably never looks here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
smooth0401

Hey @mcrdaddyscruffy ,

I'm not sure if you ever found the solution, but here it is just in case!

You need to go into the Amcrest camera direct, go under CAMERA -> VIDEO and up the frame rate and bit rate on Sub Stream 1... after I saved, picture quality instantly improved on the IP Camera Viewer app on the Roku!

2024-06-19_18h26_46.png

--rob

0 Kudos
mcrdaddyscruffy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did resolve the issue by changing the frame rate and the video was better.  It's still not as clear on my 4K television as it is on my computer and cell phone, but it's much better.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.