Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pghbev
Reel Rookie

I can no longer find H & I Channel

Jump to solution

When I connect with 19.1 which used to be H&I, there are other channels in its place.  What happened to H&I.  Where is it?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can no longer find H & I Channel

Jump to solution

@Pghbev-

With that username, I'm guessing you have some affiliation with Pittsburgh, PA.

If you ARE in Pittsburgh, and if you are picking this station up via an over-the-air antenna, per Wikipedia Heros & Icons is carried on subchannel 9.2 of WPCW:

Channel   Video  Aspect  Short name     Programming
19.1         1080i    16:9    WPCW-HD    Main WPCW programming / The CW
19.2           480i    16:9     H&I               Heroes & Icons
19.3           480i    16:9     GRIT             Grit
19.4           480i    16:9     Circle            Circle
19.5           480i    16:9    TheGrio         TheGrio

I found this confirmed on several other sites, but broadcasters sometimes change the substations around, and it may take a while for online sources to catch up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Many Sinclair and Scripps stations dropped Weigel networks to save money so they could put their own networks on. MeTV was the best known, but H&I is also a Weigel network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pghbev

Thanks for the post.

Could you walk us through how are you accessing the H & I channel? Is it a standalone channel or through Live TV? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Are you speaking of this H&I that you receive via antenna?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%26_Icons

Over the air channels often change frequency/channel number and you have to perform a rescan on your TV.  I don't know how that works on a Roku TV with Roku merging streaming "channels" with OTA channels under "Live TV".

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Pghbev-

With that username, I'm guessing you have some affiliation with Pittsburgh, PA.

If you ARE in Pittsburgh, and if you are picking this station up via an over-the-air antenna, per Wikipedia Heros & Icons is carried on subchannel 9.2 of WPCW:

Channel   Video  Aspect  Short name     Programming
19.1         1080i    16:9    WPCW-HD    Main WPCW programming / The CW
19.2           480i    16:9     H&I               Heroes & Icons
19.3           480i    16:9     GRIT             Grit
19.4           480i    16:9     Circle            Circle
19.5           480i    16:9    TheGrio         TheGrio

I found this confirmed on several other sites, but broadcasters sometimes change the substations around, and it may take a while for online sources to catch up.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Many Sinclair and Scripps stations dropped Weigel networks to save money so they could put their own networks on. MeTV was the best known, but H&I is also a Weigel network.

0 Kudos
Pghbev
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In the past it was carried on 19.2 but now it's gone and another station is there.. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Pghbev 

Maybe try going to this Local TV Guide (https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/) and typing in your zip code to see if H&I moved.  It is still available on my antenna channels.

You can also type in your zip code directly on the H&I website "Where to Watch" to see if still available in your area. (https://www.handitv.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/623)

I haven't seen any information that this channel is in the process of market removal as indicated above.  (I did see the MeTV developments).  Certainly could be, but may have just moved somewhere else on the dial in your locale.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Pghbev-

You have not confirmed whether you are in the Pittsburgh area and trying to receive H&I on a WPCW subchannel.  But assuming you ARE in Pittsburgh ..

Every online reference I can find, including H&I's own website and TV Guide, shows H&I as being carried by WPCW on 19.2.

I guess to get your question answered you'll have to go to the station directly.  WPCW is part of the KDKA/CBS family.  The only email address I've been able to find specific to WPCW is feedback@wpcwtv.com.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.