Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penmartin

Re: Hulu no longer available on this Roku device

Jump to solution

I have the roku Ulta 4400x and hulu is not available on my device.  I guess what we need to know what devices DO support hulu?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku 4400 is not an Ultra. It is the Roku 4. As to what models are still supported by Disney services, this is their latest list:

• Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Stick+, 4K, 4K+
  • Roku Express, Express+, 4K, 4K+
  • Roku Premiere, Premiere+
  • Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
  • Roku Smart Speaker
  • Roku TV, 2K, 4K, 8K

I would expect the 4210, Roku 3 and Stick 3600 to be the next ones dropped, as they are 3rd/4th generation devices and getting pretty old.  

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The 4400 is NOT an Ultra. It is simply the Roku 4. It was released in 2015 and has unique hardware NOT shared by any other Roku. If you just bought it, you got scammed. As has been noted, Roku no longer supports it, Apple NEVER supported it, and Disney has dropped support for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.

0 Kudos
PoohBear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 4400X and received the same message so I deleted the channels(Hulu & Disney+). Today (06/17/2023) I saw an ad for Avatar 2 on Disney+ on my device. I clicked it and the channel was downloaded and opened to the same message of non-supporting device. I clicked "ok" and the channel opened to my subscription. I decided to test Hulu, so I downloaded it and it also opened, with no problem. Maybe it's some type of glitch but both Hulu and Disney+ are working on my Roku 4400X!

0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have an ultra lt and back in may for about 2 weeks it didn't work on that one, my other ultra lt or the premiere. Every other app worked fine like max, netflix, prime, youtube etc. After doing my own troubleshooting and nothing fixed it I was on the hulu chat and phone for 6 hours and nothing fixed the problem. I ended up canceling on May 30th and getting a full refund. I still don't understand...

0 Kudos
RF2016
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That is bad advice.  Roku 4 being the most expense of the boxes, I have two roku 4s and 4 roku 2s and I had the original rokus when they first came out.  How does my roku two still have Hulu but not the four?  Dont upgrade anything.  Either buy another roku or simply buy from their competitor.  Its silly that Roku wont support the product that is said to be the most advanced.  I wont be buying anymore rokus.  When mine stops working I will be going with another brand

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@RF2016 This has been explained multiple times. The Roku 4 is an older device, fourth generation introduced in Oct 2015. It uses a chipset Roku never used in any other device. It is a 4K player, but doesn't support any sort of HDR. It has overheating problems, and is the only Roku with an internal fan because of it. 

The Roku 2 you have is likely the 4210, which is the only version of Roku 2 still supported. It also came out in 2015, and quite frankly I am surprised Roku still supports it. But they were good devices, and there were enough sold to justify continuing support. But I'm certain they will be dropped in the next batch that are declared legacy. 

The decision to drop channel support on any particular model rests solely with the channel provider. Disney owns Hulu, and they decided to drop support for the Roku 4 for Hulu and all other Disney services. That decision was not made by Roku, and they can't override it. But for your Roku 4 devices, they are simply obsolete. I have a 4 as well, in use by my granddaughter. It's simply time to replace it.

Dan

0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I still don't understand why both my ultra lt's and the premiere wouldn't work with hulu. I was on the phone with multiple agents at hulu who couldn't fix the issue. Everything else works great. I remember when I believe youtube no longer supported the roku express which is what prompted me to upgrade my devices. But if hulu supports my devices it makes me question.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Whitney83 I just checked the Hulu web site, and here's their list of supported Roku devices. This list was last updated April 28, so it should be accurate. 

• Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Stick+, 4K, 4K+
  • Roku Express, Express+, 4K, 4K+
  • Roku Premiere, Premiere+
  • Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
  • Roku Smart Speaker
  • Roku TV, 2K, 4K, 8K

Notice that some models are only specific versions, so they list the supported model numbers. For the Ultra and Premiere, all versions are supported.

I just tested Hulu on my Ultra 4800, and it played fine. I can't say why you are having issues with it. The first suggestion is to remove Hulu from both devices. Removing it from one will actually remove it from both if they are linked to the same Roku user account. However, before you install Hulu back, make sure you reboot BOTH Roku players. A removal without a reboot leaves some code in place, and the same problem will likely still exist. Once both have rebooted, then install the channel on one, and it will again install on the other, although you might need to run a manual update to refresh the second player. Put your user credentials back in and see if it works now.

Dan

0 Kudos
Oxynaug30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hulu decided to not include old Roku versions was probably a partnership decision with Roku.  Once we the costumes could no longer access Hulu we then have to BUY a new Roku device, subsequently more money for Roku, because there's no other options if Hulu is your main TV streamer. I have 2 Roku 4 so I bought one updated version for the family room. It would be nice if Hulu put a patch for Roku costumers, but why would they when it's all about the revenues 

0 Kudos