Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inhelena
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

I posted earlier I thought this is a Roku issue due to not having the problem on tv using Apple TV & Hulu only with TVs using Roku stick& Hulu.  I chatted with Roku service rep. That was time wasted I’ll never get back. I’m done with Roku!!!  Any suggestions as to which streaming device to buy?

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Again, why are you blaming Roku? This is a BUG in the Hulu app, written by Hulu (see the info in the Roku channel store.) Roku is not responsible for the buggy programming of 3rd party developers.

For a long time, YouTube TV had major bugs on Apple TV devices, but it worked fine on Roku. Is Apple to blame for Google's programming bugs? 

0 Kudos
John_61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am not sure of the root cause of the issue but I would think Roku, Hulu, and Fox News would be working to resolve this. My biggest issue is that there is no official communication that there is a known issue and that all parties are working toward a resolution.  When I do not see this it appears that they do not care. That makes me and others want to find a company that will support their customers. 

I have posted this issue on here and Hulu, so far just other customers repeating that they have the same issue . 

Maybe the support staff does not monitor these forums?  Would be nice to have feedback  from them to let us know what is going on. Right now I am assuming they do not really care. I hope I am wrong.

Darkstonecastle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep, doing the same thing for me. Called Hulu 3 times in the last few days. They are clueless.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu + Live App reverts to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Spring23,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here! Fox News shuts off after 5 minutes on Hulu live tv. Local news has zero issues. Why just that channel???? That's our news channel. Not watching that CNN or MSNBC cr@p!!! 

0 Kudos
rep99usa
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

ive had the same issues at the same time hulu told me told me to delete the hulu app turn the tv off for a minute the reload the app didnt work yesterday roku said go to network bandwithsaver and turn it off  then go toadvance system settings  network reset which disconneted the wifi,go back and reconnect wifi networksetup connection . i thought this fixed the problem but this morning im gettin disconnected on hulu it seems to happen when im watching fox on the 1/2 hr or on the hr when programs often change.  im going to contact roku again getting tiredof ths BS

Wolf3

Jump to solution

You are not alone with this problem! 

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Someone suggested using the Fox News app and it seems to work just fine without closing to the home screen. Just log in with your tv provider. This is obviously a Hulu live tv issue and apparently only the fox news channel. Local channels seem fine

Flitec418

Jump to solution

I was thinking it might be a left wing liberal thing because mine started doing that a couple weeks ago. Have this setup for two years.

0 Kudos