Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

My advice try free you tube live trial. Does it happen there. I’m not sure if this is a Roku or Hulu issue

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@ksgemini

I can confirm that it absolutely does not happen on YouTube tv on my roku 4k express. I cancelled Hulu and Hulu live tv last night and made the switch. It costs less, has more channels and ran live tv for hours this morning without canceling to the home screen. Got tired of Hulus consistent technical issues after being a subscriber for several years. 

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here besides the back to home, I had periods where it would loop the same few seconds for hours. Sometimes on one station sometimes all 12th day no live tv in 2 years sent me to you tube no issues and dvr better

at one point I went month without dvr at all and Hulu walks u thru same meaningless attempted fixes every darn time u call!

0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too can confirm that the Roku device is not the culprit. When I switched from Hulu to YouTube TV. The issue immediately went away, and I don't have to pay for the Disney+ bundle any longer, which is an added bonus.

mrbally
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem but when I activate Hulu through the app on my TV rather than Roku it works fine.

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I’ll go back …. For a free year

actually…no not even then

0 Kudos
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So my tv(sony) the same app works fine.

I just pulled out an old Firestick. It's working fine. In fact the audio lag I was getting on the roku I dont get on firestick. Only thing left is a gender changer for HDMI cable.  I'll connect the Firestick to the HDMI cable I use on the Roku. If it plays fine then it's definitely the Roku hardware 

0 Kudos
BillyD1
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

This is also happening to our various ROKU devices.  Fox news channel only and always at 3 minutes past the top of the hour.  Does not happen on any other channel.

0 Kudos
frodorules7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What did you switch to?  I'm fed up with this issue.  Thinking Sling.

0 Kudos
frodorules7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Made the switch to who?  Same issue and thinking Sling

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.