Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdjacobs57
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

I am now seeing this issue increase. It used to happen about 3 min after the top of each hour. It now also occurs about 15 min before the top of the hour.

0 Kudos
clemens52

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

In the last month while watching programs on our Roku Ultra for no reason the program stops and it goes to the Roku home page???

This is very upsetting because it reverts to the home page and we lose our program in progress.  I have rebooted the Roku and unplugged our router and tried updating everything to no avail???  Is there something wrong with our Roku Ultra unit???

Can you please tell us what to do to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
vicv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

looks like someone is investigating the issue, it has gone back to home page at other times (along with 2 or so minutes after the top of every hour) in the last couple of hours. I would like to think Hulu would not be intenionally sabotaging their product, but it's also hard to believe what I have been watching this morning from the hearings this morning in Congress. We definitely have some cleaning up to do in Washington (my opinion). I think it's just a glitch with an update with Roku, as I didn't have the problem with my Chromebook, and no one else has reported it to be an issue with any other application. 

0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just canceled my Hulu subscription and signed up for YouTube TV. We'll see how that goes.

dkawallek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, works fine on YouTube TV.  Not sure why Hulu is problematic.  Been watching on YouTube TV all week with no issues.

0 Kudos
DebBri

Roku reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour

Jump to solution

Usually a few min after the top of the hour Roku reverts to Home Screen. Always while watching FOX NEWS. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Jons_On

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching FOX News

Jump to solution

I too am having this issue. It's been going on for too long. I hope Roku is working on a fix. A status report on this issue would be nice or do I yank all my Roku devices and go with another provider? That's a lot of devices. It would be a pain but this issue is also a pain I shouldn't have to endure.

0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching FOX News

Jump to solution

I just canceled my Hulu subscription today and switched to YouTube TV. I have had no problems with Fox News crashing.  Disney can keep Hulu and stick it where the sun don't shine. I didn't like being forced to pay for the Disney+ bundle anyway.

0 Kudos
ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok I give up.

I will not provide my thoughts as to what has been or is being done to solve this problem.  I cannot say there is political motivation as to why the problem exists or why at this point there is no indication of a desire to fix it.

Off to Youtube TV

I didn't want to go but I leave my TVs on Fox News channel to provide background noise while I am doing other things and it is nuts that I have to reset my channel at 3 minutes after each hour.

I am still using Roku for now but if I run into any issues I will move on from it as well.

Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just did the same this morning. No hourly Fox News crashes yet, and it's been running fine on YouTube TV for 5 hours. Problem apparently solved.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.