Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StaffRex

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Gonna start migrating away from ROKU devices and back to Firesticks. One works fine with HULU and Fox News, the other does not. I have shared this experience on other social media sites and I keep getting the same confirmation. HULU+ROKU will not deliver a stable experience with Fox News.

0 Kudos
JB66

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Karen_NJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  It's been happening for a week or two.  Very annoying!

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @ronk1943 @vicv @John_61 

Thank you for your responses!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick1313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for looking into this, but speaking just for myself, if this isn't resolved before my next billing cycle, I will start canceling and moving my service.  This has gone on too long, impacting too many people with no resolution.  Again, just speaking for myself, but I pay way too much to Hulu on Roku, to have it work this poorly.  Not sure who owns this issue, but it looks bad for both companies.  

RonKap

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and was told by Hulu that Roku has updated software that causes this problem.  I have followed all instructions on how to fix but no success…the last Hulu rep suggested I go buy a fire stick …watching TV with this interruption is horrible.  Anyone else feeling the frustration that I am having?

0 Kudos
WiseWoman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Only happens with Fox News Channel...not HGTV, Magnolia, CNN, Golf channel,,,ONLY Fox News Channel every hour on the hour...

0 Kudos
WiseWoman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Really PISSING me off!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Hulu channel crashing during playback.

Please be aware that we are working with the channel partner to investigate the issue. In the meantime, if you haven't already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • what content are you viewing when this happens
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
nosboc

Jump to solution

What he said!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.