Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChasTom
Reel Rookie

Re: How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for finding the work-around!  Worked as described.

Skoolcounselor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked! My 80 year-old really wanted to watch The Chosen, but she couldn't enjoy it without cc. We are grateful.

Bobnfl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This work around used to work for me but now less than half the time. I usually search and find the movie on a different service. 

bff426
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem is not with Peacock. I have had this problem with a Roku Ultra and Peacock. I have an LG OLED. I downloaded their Peacock app. Works perfectly! I have Roku Ultras with another LG and a Samsung 4k. Same thing.  Roku- no CC. LG & Samsung, works every time.

Chevnoir

Jump to solution

Using my Roku streaming stick had the same issue. Turned them on, pressed home button to close the peacock app, then reopened and resumed watching and finally the captions were on. Silly nuisance. 

0 Kudos
old2

Jump to solution

Had same issue. Peacock Premium was just installed. Did the work around last night and that worked.

Today chat with Peacock. Have to go to  Roku>Home>Settings>System>System Restart.  It then works. Will work with all of the Peacock Premium content.

0 Kudos
Alee123

Jump to solution

Wow. This worked! Definitely inconvenient but it worked, Thanks for the tip 🙂

rusself
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I was getting so frustrated repeatedly going back to audio menu to toggle subtitles trying to get them to appear... Just as you suggested, exiting the app and opening again did the trick!

Ginnydee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. Occasionally the captions would work but by then I couldn’t figure out what I’d done to get them to work. I followed your directions and now I know how to get the captions to work. It sure is a crazy work around though. 

MarshaH

Jump to solution

What worked was toggle down

then to the left to subtitle icon

toggle up and click

then get out of the app and go back in.  That worked for me too.  I appreciate the person sharing this earlier!