Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blacktele
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Keeps Switching to Netflix Channel

Jump to solution

If you haven't figured it out, the Roku platform and remote system completely suck. My tv keeps switching to Netflix, sometimes multiple times in a single show. No matter what tv, as seen from the many posts above. NO, the netflix button is not stuck or LODGED. Has anyone also noticed the Roku remotes EATS BATTERIES?? I have to change the batteries so often it's ridiculous. I'm shopping options to replace Roku asap. Or maybe taking apart the remote and disabling/destroying the stupid shortcut buttons. SLING? I need a SLING button? Thanks Roku.

0 Kudos
betsyboat

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV is a couple of years old but it's only been in the last month that it keeps switching to Netflix. It varies in frequency. Sometimes it can go a day without having a problem right now it's happening every five minutes while I'm trying to watch a movie on Amazon. I went into the system menu and disabled phone apps and that had no impact. We don't have an iPad in use in this house but I have a daughter visiting with an iPhone so I'm having her check but she hasn't been using it to do anything with Netflix. concerning the last person posting, I don't have any problem with my remotes eating batteries. I use rechargeables and they last a long time.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@betsyboat

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote have a Netflix button on it? If so, have you checked to make sure that the button isn't lodged or stuck?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dholland227
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 has started switching to Netflix randomly. To make sure there isn’t a stuck button on the remote I removed the batteries. It still switches to Netflix by itself. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dholland227

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reyes229

Jump to solution

My tv is having the same issue and I bought it in December. We turn it off and it comes right back on directly to Netflix! 

0 Kudos
blacktele
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried removing the Netflix channel, rebooting the system, and then re-adding Netflix. Unfortunately that didn't work. The next day it started switching to Netflix again.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Reyes229 @blacktele,

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote have a Netflix button on it? If so, have you checked to make sure that the button isn't lodged or stuck?

Thanks,

Mary​​​​​​

0 Kudos
blacktele
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We are way past that. No, the Netflix button is not "lodged". You know what would be helpful, a remote without a Netflix button. And without a Sling, Hulu, or Now button. I can manage choosing apps by hitting Home and selecting the apps myself. If you have a tutorial about how to gouge out those 4 preset buttons with a steak knife, please forward that to me.

Dholland227
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I solved this problem. It’s not the Netflix button. It switches even with the batteries removed. I have tried all sorts of things to get it to stop. It seems to be caused by a strange condition the Roku gets into. 

SOLVED: In settings find where you do a “Factory Reset”. Do the reset which erases all the channels and sets it back like it was a new box. Then add the channels you want and log back in to each channel. I did this three weeks ago and haven’t had any problems since. I think this may be the only solution. Something was corrupted and this is how you get rid of that corruption.