Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murdoc177

How to add and remove apps on one device, not all of them

I have 5 devices. Some devices don’t need all the same apps. Others I want them. Is there a feature to turn off device sync?  I want to add and remove apps on each device independently. I don’t want to remove an app on one device and it removes it on all devices. Roku Premiere+ (3921 series)  Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) Roku TV 

7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Add and remove apps on one device not all of them.

@Murdoc177  --

Sorry,  Your channel app choices are added to your Roku account.  All Rokus linked to the same account will have the same channel apps -- add/delete on one Roku, you add/delete on all.

The only way to have separate channel groupings is for each grouping to be linked to its own Roku account.  You can create multiple Roku accounts, each just needs its own separate email address. [Added later: To change the Roku account a Roku is linked to, perform a Factory reset (Roku menu path  Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set it up again as though it were a new unit, this time linking to the new account.]

The main drawback is that any premiums you have subscribed to through Roku can only be accessed via the Roku account in which they were subscribed.  To have on an additional Roku account would require an additional subscription and payment for that account.  The solution is to cancel the original subscription made through Roku and subscribe directly with the channel on its website.  You'll then be able to access the channel by the channel's own dedicated Roku channel app on any desired Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Askeptic
Reel Rookie

The parental control PIN isn't even at an account level, why they heck would apps be? So tough to support Roku as of late.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Askeptic

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

Does anyone get a straight answer from Roku?  I even chatted with some dim wit who kept asking the same question I was asking OMG.  It started with Philo app, we could not delete and re download. Now Acorn, which was always reliable, does not playback certain episodes, and You Cannot, now, delete the app and replace with update.  Sheesh!!!  I quess we are all supposed to go to Amazon. Great.

KMW
Binge Watcher

GO ELSEWHERE for a product

It takes an act of God to even get a answer from these people.  "You need to check with the" provider.  Then why did Roku get rid of the ability to delete an app from MY Paid for device??? Manage tool does Nothing1

renojim

Re: GO ELSEWHERE for a product

@KMW, you've given pretty much no information that would help anyone trying to help you, but you can't remove a channel/app if you have an active subscription.  If that's not it, how about providing some more information about what your problem is?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: GO ELSEWHERE for a product

@KMW-

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.  Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel. 

Your cancelled subscription will continue to run for you for the rest of its prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.

Personally, I would let the subscription run out and then subscribe directly with the channel on its website.  You can then view the channel on all platforms supported by the channel, not just on Roku, and you can remove/reinstall on Roku with less hassle.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos