Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an app to Roku device that is obscure?

Hi! 

Long story short, my LG tv does not support this app called "Planet Digital" so I cannot download this app on my smart tv. This app is a subscription to Bosnian/Serbian channels. The LG rep told me to get a roku or a fire stick. I bought a roku and it turns out roku does not have that app either. Am I looking in the wrong place? Does Roku really not have this app? Should I return roku and get the fire stick? 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to add an app to Roku device that is obscure?

Hi @nontechdina,

Thanks for the inquiry, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that "Planet Digital" may not yet be available on Roku. We suggest that you can still get some alternate channels or apps that have the same content.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to add an app to Roku device that is obscure?

Checking out their website, they have apps for Android and iOS, but no mention of apps for streaming devices. 

You may be able to get this on a phone or tablet then cast or mirror it to your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos