Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

How to Remove a "on The Roku Channel" Shortcut i.e. Starz etc

Why does Roku wish to universally EFF things up and hide the settings and ways to remove stuff.

Are they trying to drive people away from using their products.

I mean why on earth do you want to hide say for instance the way to remove the bluetooth shortcut tile, all the way in the Roku smartphone app, when almost every single other shortcut has remove right there in the astrix key menu.

Andddd and again you continuously eff things up by doing the same **bleep** with the additional shortcuts for services with the "on The Roku Channel" adage to it, I tried three of the specials and only liked one Cinemax on the Roku Channel, but now as far as Starz on The Roku Channel and MGM+ on The Roku Channel and even Cinemax. When you click on the astrix only thing that shows up in menu is 

Move App

Move App to Top

Restart App

Manage Subscription

Close

Where in the bloody **bleep** is Remove App.

Why does Roku have to be this freaking stupidly retarded that it can't make everything easy to find.

I just want to clean up my home screen and remove MGM+ and Starz "on The Roku Channel" since I won't be using them. But no you've got to hide the option from us on how to do such a simple task. I checked in the Roku phone app and they don't even show up there, The Roku Channel does though.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

Re: How to Remove a "on The Roku Channel" Shortcut i.e. Starz etc

Apparently the only way to remove these are by Removing the Roku Channel app, then it uninstalls everything together, no individual selection of removal.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@dorkydicken 

With subscription channels (and free trials) you generally need to select "Manage Channels" and Cancel the subscription before you can Remove the channel/app from your Roku.

Only with the actual "free" channels/apps like the Roku Channel, Tubi, Pluto, etc. can you simply Remove the channel/app using the asterick (options) button on your Roku remote.

Likely all you did was remove the Roku Channel (which is free), but your trial subscriptions are in place and will be automatically be renewed unless you cancel them before the trial expires.  Go to your online dashboard/account at  https://www.roku.com/ and look under your Subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

I turned off the auto-renew and cancel subscription.

They still persisted to stay, until I removed the "Roku Channel"

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@dorkydicken 

If you restart your Roku device and reinstall the Roku Channel, are you still seeing them? (ie. still showing as available and installed while Roku Channel is installed).

Some troublesome/stubborn Removal issues can be accomplished by removing them through the Roku mobile app. (long press on the channel/app, then select Remove), when it won't work on the device.  Why this works, who knows, other than a bug in the Roku OS.

Some users have noted that they had to wait until a subscription or a trial period ended before they were able to Remove the channel/app from their device. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

No when ya reinstall the Roku channel app 

All those still show back up within 24 to 48 hours

0 Kudos