Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shimiash
Reel Rookie

How can I submit feedback on Roku experience for a user feature?

How can I submit feedback for a feature suggestion on Roku accounts?

Tonight, the Prime Video app on my Sharp Roku TV needed a complete factory reset according to the Amazon support. The Prime app kept kicking out unexpectedly, so the CS big idea was a complete factory reset.  It wiped out all my channels. The only channels I can find for my account are the subscribed ones. It would be very handy for a list of all the channels, free and paid, to be listed, so I can set them back up. 
There should be some kind of data table that lists my channels that I can access from my Roku account online at least. 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I submit feedback on Roku experience for a user feature?

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

I think you got some bad advice.  A factory reset should be used as a last resort.  Maybe you already did it, but the usual thing to try before that is to remove the channel, restart your Roku, and then add the channel again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
shimiash
Reel Rookie

I did restart, uninstall/reinstall, checked internet speed, reset audio/video to factory before I talked to Amazon about the Prime Video app glitch. 

Prime worked on the laptop, so the problem had to be specific to the Roku app for Prime Video. 

As other apps and devices were not affected, I did not reboot the modem and router. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

When you do a factory reset, during the initial setup, it should ask you for your Roku account log in credentials, which then a screen will display asking for the code that was sent to your email address you registered your device with. When you input that code, the screen will start showing all the channels being added to your device that you had previously.

0 Kudos
shimiash
Reel Rookie

That was not on the initial set up after the factory reset. All I got was a selection for a new set-up. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I think if you select none at the point (ie: no cable system etc.) then you'll just get what you had before.

0 Kudos