Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomba51

How Do I Get YouTube Music on Roku?

Jump to solution

I can get YouTube on Roku. I can also get YouTube TV. But I can't find a way to get YouTube Music. Can anybody point me towards it please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How Do I Get YouTube Music on Roku?

Jump to solution

You can access YouTube Music from within the regular YouTube channel app on Roku.  Be sure you are logged into your YouTube account and go to the menu on the left side of the screen.  Select Music.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It looks like YouTube has not made a channel for the Roku. Not certain if it's on any other devices outside of phones/tablets that run some form of Android. Could even be restrictions imposed by the music companies.

There is a music category in the regular YouTube. Not certain if it offers more depending on if you have the YT Music subscription or not.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can access YouTube Music from within the regular YouTube channel app on Roku.  Be sure you are logged into your YouTube account and go to the menu on the left side of the screen.  Select Music.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tomba51

Jump to solution

Thanks. That worked.

0 Kudos
MsNeelix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That does not help because I have saved audio books in my youtube music and I can't access those from the music icon on the left side and youtube's app on Roku

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm not sure about saved audio books but I have several saved Playlists on YouTube music and I can access all of those through the regular YouTube channel using the music icon on the left. Took a minute to find them but I did find them. But my roku, while playing music from a Playlist, will play 4 or 5 songs then go to the Screensaver screen and I have to push a button to wake it up and play again.

0 Kudos
MsNeelix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After I made this post I discovered a couple things one you can turn your screen saver off on your Roku TV and it won't come up and also anything that's not actually in a playlist on YouTube music {like random audio books} you can actually cast to your TV from your phone and it'll run that way

Jump to solution

It is not the same. The difference is that the algorithm in the standard “YouTube” app primarily recommends songs directly off of your “Liked” Playlist, so it limits the opportunity to find any new music. In the “YouTube Music” app, it will suggest random songs within the same genre like “Spotify.” So to discover new songs on traditional “YouTube,” you sign out of your profile and use “Guest” mode….or Roku could just add “YouTube Music.” Especially, since it already has 3 versions: YouTube; YouTube TV; and YouTube Kids. Why not add the final YT iteration and have the complete YouTube App Quadrilogy Collection? It’s like hitting a home run, but choosing to stop at 3rd base. Jk.

Jump to solution

Fax!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I found my YouTube Music Playlists, but I don't see a way to use Shuffle Play.  Would like to be able to do that.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.