Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Re: History channel and a&e can see live but not past shows

Jump to solution

However, everything works fine on devices other than Roku.  I can see all the shows I want with the same TV provider (Optimum) Still dont understand why Roku changes the TV provider Optimum to Cablevision and I suspect the problem may be in that area.  Any explanation? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @rhodium55 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with channel playback on the History channel.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue helping you should you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I havent done anything for a few days and today all of a sudden (no changes by me) I can now see the older History shows that before were audio only.  As of right now History works like it used to and all is well.   I have no idea why unless something changed at History (or Roku or Optimum or ????)

I can see live as always and now see everything..

If anything changes I will add a comment.  Strange.

0 Kudos
lb48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  I can see some of the past shows, but not all of them.  I've done the uninstall and reinstall and that didn't help.  I've got 2 different Roku devices ( a stick and express} and both are doing the same thing.  Can someone give me the appropriate address for the History channel tech support for Roku devices? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @lb48 

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you experiencing the issue on the History channel or History Vault through The Roku Channel? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lb48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My problem is with the History  Channel.  I did the uninstall, restarted from the settings menu and reinstalled the app.  I still have the problem.   It says I am signed in with my provider  (Dish) but the  screen freezes when I try to watch some programs.  I can watch a few of the programs, but not all. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lb48 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach the History channel Support here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos