Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ziloga
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV and ITVX incompatible versions with Roku stick

Go onto Prime Video.  I pay £3.99 a month for access to all the ITV Channels via Prime so if you wish you can watch live TV.  You have to scroll right down on the channels then you can watch all of them live (once you pay).  Your Roku TV I doubt will have the live TV tab at all via ITVX app.  They removed that tab from ITV HUB years ago.  It even appeared on the ITVX app on Roku TV for a short while a number of weeks ago they then removed it also.  It was working fine as well (had it on all day).  They then reverted it to ITV HUB that day (no live tv), now they have changed the software from the new ITVX app - so the tab is removed (I think premium is in it's place).

So maybe Freeview Play who create the ITVX app for the ROKU TV are trying to tell you something.

(Possibly an argument about ad revenue at the top not software problems at all - maybe).

0 Kudos
PTC

I have a Hisense model R43A7200 approx a year old.

the new ITV X App is a nightmare. 
live TV is no where to be found!!

Have been in contact with ITV support who tried many things ie installing, resetting etc but no joy. Oddly the location Post Code requirement doesn’t appear to do anything either!

I hope there is an answer out there as no World Cup ATM!!

0 Kudos
Ziloga
Reel Rookie

Don't hold your breath for ITVx just download Amazon Prime Video app from Roku watch ITV1 2 or 3 live on that instead for a few quid a month.

0 Kudos
eccles

0 Kudos
Ziloga
Reel Rookie

I have spoken to ITVx and then Freeview Play on this matter. If you have a missing 'LIVE' button then it's correct. You are on a TV (Roku or LG etc.) which has an digital ariel input for Freeview Play so you will get the live across the ariel input and you DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, thats how the 'live' service is delivered to these TV's. The snazzy ITVx app you download on the TV is just for catchup services only you cannot live stream on them it won't have the feature as it doesn't need it (i.e NO LIVE BUTTON). You may think awww why? I can live stream other channels, my TV can work over the internet!. irrelevant to what you want really you have bought the wrong TV. (Their words) There are two versions of the app, you will get one for the TV's one for sticks one has LIVE one does NOT, this is on purpose and the software is locked to the correct platform. They wouldn't tell me why but probably it's due to the way they deliver local lovely mind zapping adverts, anyway, fact : "if you have an ariel input you must use it for Freeview Play which receives all ITV channels and integrates with Freeview Play on the TV". You have a bad or no digital ariel signal then why do you have you a TV installed which requires it for freeview play as this will be the same for ALL live channels including channel 4 etc.? So Your Options : a) Sort your digital ariel and plug it in. b) Download Amazon Prime Video app (Roku), search channels purchase ITV catchup, at the time of writing their service still streams all the channels LIVE as well as catchup for £3.99 a month (you have to really scroll down to find it but works perfectly). c) Buy a stick insert into your not very smart TV, which will allows LIVE streaming of ITVx which I think is a joke d) Get Sky Stream (its a tiny puck which plugs into your TV) which is what I did works 100% internet across your wifi, no ariel,no dish. No more buggy ITVx app (thank god I really hate ITV anyway never watch it) as it just is part of my sky channel listing. The problem is people buy smart tv's and don't find out HOW live services are delivered they think they can stream all the channels via the internet, this is totally not the case unfortunately the only product I know which does this is the SKY TV's and a couple of other systems. The freeview digital ariel input for ALL these devices is NOT a backup for the internet its the MAIN WAY YOU RECEIVE LIVE channels and if you don't like it then change your TV for one that does like Sky Glass. 

0 Kudos
Dean2E0CZR
Reel Rookie

UPDATE: Full ITVX with live tv now on Hisense and TCL Roku TVs. ITVX Version 3.7

It's been a long wait!

0 Kudos