Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Star1
Reel Rookie

Help me plz with a channel charge that I don’t have

I’m sure I’m not where I should be but I’m lost.  I am being charged for a channel that I never subscribed to and it’s not showing up on any account other than my bank.  Called number and get this.  I’m ready to contact their law office bcuz that she the number number I c.  Can someone plz help me

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help me plz with a channel charge that I don’t have

@1Star1 

First log in to your Roku account at https://my.roku.com

Next, go to the Manage your subscriptions page. Those are the things Roku is charging you for. Unsubscribe to anything you don't want. You may want to add a PIN to your account so other users can't subscribe without your knowledge. That's on the PIN preference page.

Now, if you don't see any subscriptions there, Roku didn't bill you. What would have happened is that your payment card was compromised and a scammer/thief used it to bill you, and submitted Roku's name along with the charge. A lot of scammers/thieves are doing this, using Roku, Disney, HBO, Warner, and other companies' names in order to throw off the person being charged. The idea is they go down the wrong path to resolve, and they get away with it.

If this has happened to you, print out the subscriptions page as proof you never made a charge, and contact your bank about a fraud claim.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @1Star1, we're here to help! Thank you for reaching out to The Roku Community about this. We'll look into why you're receiving these charges right away. To find the charge, we will need some more information from you. For us to collect this, we'll be reaching out through direct message here on The Roku Community. If you have any problems finding our message, please let us know!

0 Kudos
1Star1
Reel Rookie

Wow, this is by far the craziest email choice, it takes me everywhere and finally I come across something that helps me link up.  Anyway, on bank statement is say, 825-273-8107 Roku for RJL entertainment 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I couldn't find an RJL Entertainment, although there is a RLJ Entertainment that is responsible for Acorn TV among other things.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.