Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cj4331
Reel Rookie

Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

This morning I went to watch the next episode of Heartland.  From the home screen, I selected "what to watch" then "continue watching" then in the bottom left "roku channel watch S8 E7" and it comes up asking me to start a free trial with "Dove channel".  WTF?  20240111_073824.jpg20240111_073840.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

@cj4331 

Just as a reminder or heads-up, free content on the Roku Channel (and other free channels/apps) comes and goes.  Generally licensed for period of time.  However, currently, it seems that Roku Channel is still offering Heartland, but just having an issue. (won't play any episodes/seasons, returns to the available channel/app screen).

Heartland is still playing Seasons 1-16 on some of the other free channels/apps like Pluto, Filmrise, Plex, and Tubi.  These free alternatives are playing Heartland fine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

@cj4331 

Just as a reminder or heads-up, free content on the Roku Channel (and other free channels/apps) comes and goes.  Generally licensed for period of time.  However, currently, it seems that Roku Channel is still offering Heartland, but just having an issue. (won't play any episodes/seasons, returns to the available channel/app screen).

Heartland is still playing Seasons 1-16 on some of the other free channels/apps like Pluto, Filmrise, Plex, and Tubi.  These free alternatives are playing Heartland fine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

cj4331
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks AvsGunnar.  I'm watching it on Tubi now.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.