Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazel on Roku Channel

My wife and I having been watching an episode or two of the old Hazel show. Even though there were 6 seasons filmed, Roku lists seasons 1 -3 as available. We watched the first two seasons and then found out that only the first episode of season 3 is available. 

What's the point of just one episode? Why publish that seasons 1 - 3 are available. And why isn't the rest of season 3 and the seasons 4, 5, and 6 available?

Don't know if our question is worth answering, but we'd sure like to know. An episode of Hazel has been our way to end the day for the past couple of months.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
MitchT1
Reel Rookie

Re: Hazel on Roku Channel

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone with roku even answer these questions?

Familytime

I was wondering the same thing it shows on My Roku their are 5 seasons but only can watch season 3 1st episode then on the 4 and 5 seasons it goes back to season 1 Hazel and the playground 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Familytime 

Generally, for content such as Hazel and other vintage TV shows, Roku doesn't have direct license with the content owners. Often, it's an intermediary party that has the rights and enters into contracts with other services, to include Roku Channel as well as other apps/services.

Sometimes, content may not be available for copyright reasons. Often, that has to do with copyright lapsing on content, or content produced by another company that is in a questionable status. There are many many reasons why certain content isn't available. Sometimes, the original recordings no longer exist. Heck, NASA erased the moon landing footage in order to save money on tapes. Many production companies erased copies for budgetary reasons over the years.

The reason there hasn't been a response is often because no one knows the answer. I don't, but I know how some of the stuff works, and what I've listed are often the reasons. It usually boils down to Roku (Pluto TV, Xumo, Tubi, others as well) offering what they can get, with no actual explanation given to them of why more isn't available.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@DBDukes 

"Heck, NASA erased the moon landing footage in order to save money on tapes."

Sure.  That was the reason.  Not because if you looked closely enough, you could see the janitor sweeping the "moon" in the background.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@DBDukes 

"Heck, NASA erased the moon landing footage in order to save money on tapes."

Sure.  That was the reason.  Not because if you looked closely enough, you could see the janitor sweeping the "moon" in the background.

It wasn't a janitor. It was a maid. In fact, it was Hazel.

And it all comes full circle now.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Linnybug

SONY pictures owns the rights to Hazel and they've been pulling it off "free" streaming tv. You need a cable subscription in order to see episodes on ME TV channel or you have to purchase them. There were some episodes still on youtube last I checked. At this point, it's ridiculous for SONY to do this. I was thrilled to see it on Roku, then I saw episodes disappearing and now it's completely gone. 

0 Kudos
garylars

Was wondering the same thing.