Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricHogue0
Channel Surfer

Re: HD Homerun App keeps getting kicked back to guide screen

Dear Danny,

The device information for that Tracker ID is Roku TV 7130X, TCL Model 50S423, Serial YN004M402939, device IDJ39964402939 and software version 11.0.0 Build 4193-30. 

However - as previously stated - these errors are consistent across the extensive Roku family of devices that I have.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EricHogue0

Thanks for the information.

I have pass along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DogwoodVU

Version 11.5.0 build 4235

tlc 65s435

cx169x

I have 5 of them and they all have the same problem. My iPad and iPhone have no issue with the HDHOMERUN.

Jinle54

Was there ever a support resolution to this? I have the same exact annoying issue.

EricHogue0
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Were these issues passed along to the team? If so, have they had the opportunity to investigate the issue? It appears this is a rather widespread issue based on the number of comments in this thread.

0 Kudos
rv7pilot

I'm running through Plex, forcing it to transcode at 4mbs max and the problem went away.

0 Kudos
Nanomatrix
Reel Rookie

This happens if your signal isnt perfect. The app does not recover when the signal becomes week, it appears to handle errors poorly. You probably have a better chance reporting this to Silcondust. 

0 Kudos
Karter59
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku and HDHomeRun problem

I have same issue. Periodically hd app video drops out to a loading bar and it freezes. Have to constantly restart app. Signal strength is 90+. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
Nanomatrix
Reel Rookie

Rokus app unfortunately seem to have no tolerance for signal variations. If you watch that same stream (90%) on your PC using the app from Silicon you will likely see it simply breakup or pixelate the display when it happens, but tge show goes on. Some HD stations also require more bandwidth so slower to start too.

Karter59
Reel Rookie

Makes sense. I have also noticed it seems to be much worse when roku device is on wifi. I have 3 roku devices, 2 tvs and an ultra box. The one tv that is hard wired is much more stable even with strong wifi signal.

0 Kudos