Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Re: Unable to sign into the new MAX (formerly HBO Max)

Jump to solution

IMG_0289.jpeg

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1st and 2nd gen rokus aren't supported or updated anymore.

0 Kudos
Lordrainkm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra LT. I have an HBO subscription through Optimum TV. All software is up to date, none of the troubleshooting steps provided had any effect. 

Account works fine on other devices.

Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I’m right there with you. Mine is through Att. Comes standard with the data plan I have. 

brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think a complete restart is all you have left i.e. reset Roku and start from scratch, which nobody wants to do.  Do you have a roku TV or stick.  How many have the Ultra that aren't working out there?

0 Kudos
Lordrainkm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My other devices that were working before are no longer working. This doesn't seem like it's a Roku app issue anymore, seems like the new app is just completely broken.

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine are working fine.

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All the fire sticks are fine.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@brutus9246 wrote:

No one is telling me their Roku versions? Make sure you have the latest ver.  It may be like XMsirius app updated and now only works on 3rd gen fire sticks, won't work at all on Gen 2 fire sticks. Maybe the same type problem.  How old is your Roku?

I've only tested it on two of my players so far. One is a Premiere 3920, so approaching five years old. The other is my Ultra 4800, which is now a bit over 2 1/2 years old. I had to log back in using my provider (AT&T) on both, but beyond that it's working fine. When I checked my Ultra, the screen tile still said HBO Max, even after logging back in. I just rebooted the Roku and now the tile is the correct MAX tile. Both of these Roku players are on OS 12.0.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@brutus9246 wrote:

1st and 2nd gen rokus aren't supported or updated anymore.

First and second generation Roku players haven't been supported for years, and have never worked with any version of HBO Max. Even the first third generation devices are now almost 10 years old. The current Rokus are the tenth generation.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.