Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Great British Baking Show VOD?

Jump to solution

Just piling on. This was a lousy thing to do.

bob_mutarelli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I'm not the only one!
I don't get it.... nothing from the Roku channel people? 
I would think that this many dissatisfied customers would warrant some official reply....
Just an opinion...

Dupree1966

Jump to solution

Agree with all the comments. Why didn't Roku advise that the Bake Off would be dropped. Like everyone else I was in the middle of a seaon. Very frustrating since this is the only way to watch the early seasons. Couldn't even find it on YouTube..made me mad enough to drop Discovery + from Roku.

nanapapa

Jump to solution

I had the same experience - happily watching the end of season six one night, the next day "poof" it is gone. Is this something that Roku does? Just pull shows like this without warning? I really wanted to get through all of the Mary Berry shows as well and am so disappointed to see the VOD shows disappeared! I'm going to see if there's a way to contact customer service. 

clon

Jump to solution

I had a chat with their support team regarding not able to watch GBBS and I don't think he understood. He sent it to his 'backend' team and they are suppose to get back with me.  I will let you know what I find out. I too was shocked it just disappeared.

nanapapa

Jump to solution

Netflix is only showing the "Collections" that start with what should be season 8 of the GBBO when they switched from BBC to Channel 4, and Prue took Marry Berry's place (plus new hosts, Mel and Sue gone). It's confusing because they started back at number 1 but they are "Collection 1" and so forth. I hadn't been able to find the "legacy" BBC Mary Berry seasons anywhere but on Roku and now they are gone. 

FeleciaH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please share what you find out.

Kkv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there is even an option for a paid method to watch these initial shows that Netflix can not offer (did not get a license from what I read)? 

I’m watching was watching on my Samsung Smart TV and was so excited when I found the earlier shows after watching all of the Netflix later shows. 

And Roku should have the courtesy to tell us why they took them off and what options we may have in the future to watch them or perhaps they will release their license and let Netflix show them?

Ctcowboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed a reddit thread that references gbbo discontinuing on roku back in May so I assume this is the extended resolution of that... I'm still confused on Netflix bc I don't have it.. are full seasons 5 and on showing there or not?

Nikki313

Jump to solution

Same!  Right in the middle of Season 4!  So frustrating!  And like others have said, I'm willing to pay to stream it, but it doesn't seem like that's an option anywhere.  😞

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.