Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fox News freezing up on Roku Tv

What’s with the Fox News app? Tried all your suggestions and it still freezing and 5 minutes. Do you guys want us to only watch CNN? Give us a fix for this!

lprowicz
Reel Rookie

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

roku trouble report FOX NEWS APP Malfunctions

MODEL 3820R2 - STREAMING STICK 4K
SERIAL X02500TPDA4N
S/W VERSION 13.1.4 BUILD 1510-E6
DEVICE ID S0J7341PDA4N

FOX NEWS CHANNEL
BUILD VERSION 5.5 BUILD 2024081301

Tried various things including resetting the network SSID and reconnecting to WIFI

ISSUE REPORT TRACKER

GC VERSION 12.2.22
TIME STAMP 2024-09-21t21:42:12z

ISSUE ID # 4N-381-462

Lisa40

I can't help but wonder the same thing. The only ROKU app that I have problems with is Fox News App. Same problems as everyone else has described which means the problem can't be all of our devices, providers, etc. 

My solution is I just bought Amazon's Fire Stick and will be unplugging my ROKU on Monday. I have numerous ROKU devices and really tried hard with every "troubleshooting" tip. All devices and apps are up-to-date. 

I can stream Amazon Prime, CBS, Paramount,  Disney+, Britbox, ABC, etc without any issues.

We have all been complaining about this specific app and ROKU for nearly a year at least. Very sad that it is "still being worked on" without resolution.

MasonNeck
Channel Surfer

I have 3 rokus -- One is a Roku TV, one a TCL and one is a 4k streaming stick.  All three have the problem.  And just Fox News.  

I've just ordered a wireless hdmi streaming device which I will connect to my cable box to use instead of ROKU.  I can't believe this problem hasn't been fixedwith so many complaints.

Or at least hourly updates letting us know that the problem is being worked on and the progress.

jenlan13
Reel Rookie

I am doing the same thing(getting an Amazon Fire Stick, will be here today). Done with Roku and will be warming others who watch Fox. See ya! 

Patches129
Reel Rookie

Heaven forbid!

0 Kudos
Nikkeye

30 sec after commercial break it freezes. I’ve uninstalled, restarted the tv and reinstalled the app. It has not helped. Please fix this glitch. 

Patches129
Reel Rookie

If you have Fox Nation go to settings choose sign in with provider then choose Fox News. This is what I’ve been doing until Roku fixes this problem. But obviously it only works if you subscribe to Fox Nation.

Mbrown0614
Reel Rookie

It’s obvious they do

0 Kudos
BMurdock

Fox News dropping after ten minutes or less.

I agree with the other comments on the Fox News issues over the weekend. I have tried all the suggestions in the stated order: remove app, restart via menu options, and add app. Same! All other apps I have work. This does seem suspicious. My bed bound mom calls me every 10 minutes to fix it. The resolution for this has been too slow! I did notice Fox Nation gets me to the Fox News but I no longer subscribe to it, thus I only got the short preview time. Come on Roku!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.