Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marksman
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

Hey John

Get off your ass and read the thread.

Everyone is having the same problem,

Everyone has done all the troubleshooting suggested.

Guess what. It’s still **bleep**ed up

Time for you guys to do your job and get it fixed.

Brigitt1
Channel Surfer

YES !!!! WHAT HE SAID !!!

Scolli23
Streaming Star

Maybe this is other commenters problem; i have WOW cable, they cancelled those channels like fox cnn tbs food...etc. i called and the were trying to sell youtube tv service.

maybe other cable companies are doing this too?

0 Kudos
Zigz
Reel Rookie

The issue I was experiencing involved opening the Fox News app on my Roku device. Sometimes, I would encounter a loading wheel, and other times, it would return me to the main Roku app page. Occasionally, I could see the program selections within the Fox News app, but upon selecting one, it would bounce me back to the main Roku app page, creating a frustrating loop. I attempted various troubleshooting steps, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting both my home network and the Roku device, adjusting network settings, and performing network resets. However, none of these actions resolved the issue.

The problem persisted regardless of whether I used a basic network fiber optic router from my provider or two different managed routers, whether connected via hardwire or Wi-Fi. After extensive troubleshooting, I discovered that all devices were in some way blocking the data collection IP for Fox News. The solution came when I addressed the ad blocking settings on the firewall. Once I made adjustments there, the Fox News app began functioning properly without any further issues. I am still in the process of identifying which specific IPs each device is blocking.

mmears1
Binge Watcher

Same (exact) issue. Has been ongoing for well over a year. Will there ever be a definitive "fix?"

mmears1
Binge Watcher

Why is the Roku direction to, "Reach out to FOX News?"  A) There is no one to "reach out to."  B) This is a well-known, long term issue with Roku, i.e., occurs on ALL Roku devices.  And C) Seems if anyone should "reach out" to FOX, it needs to be Roku ... NOT individual users.

Is there ANY chance of a definitive resolution in the foreseeable future?  Very frustrating to say the least. 

mmears1
Binge Watcher

Have been experiencing the EXACT SAME ISSUE for over a year ... off and on.  Roku's ONLY answer after the typical troubleshooting of reset, update, etc., is to "Contact Fox."  I've unsuccessfully tried to explain that;

A) There is NO ONE to contact at Fox.
B) That it is a well-documented, widespread problem of a long time perid ... evidenced on this same "Roku Community" site,
and, 
C) That is would seem long past time for Roku and Fox to collaborate for a fix.  It's not any INDIVIDUAL Roku user's issue.

They always ask for the serial #, software version, GC version, and issue ID. It's irrelevant since the SAME probelm persist regardless of the Roku equipment. Very VERY frustrating repeatedly explaining the SAME thing over and over and getting the same response which, thus far, has solved nothing.

HELP PLEASE!

0 Kudos
mmears1
Binge Watcher

reach out to Fox News support ....  REALLY?  There is NO ONE to reach out to at "Fox News Support."  This is the ongoing, standard Roku "answer."  And I've been trying to convey the same as above ... i.e., NO ONE to reach out to. This has become a complete "black hole."  

Roku ... we users are asking for your help.  "Contact Fox News support" is NOT helping.  At all.  I don't know how to be any clearer.

0 Kudos
mmears1
Binge Watcher

NONE ... repeat NONE of the "resolution" items 1 -4 have ANY impact on the problem.  And, "reach out to Fox News support" is absurd.  THERE IS NO ONE TO REACH OUT TO.  Never has been.

Given the longevity and breadth of this often recurring problem, it would seem appropriate for ROKU and FOX to reach some kind of resolution.  This is most assuredly NOT any individual Roku user's issue.

Thank you....

0 Kudos
Scolli23
Streaming Star

Many cable companies are dropping the regular old cable line ups. that means all your typical free apps that you logged into with cable email address, are gone. The companies have gone to youtube tv etc...

My cable company is WOW, wideopenwest,  they no longer allow free apps. if you want to continue watching, you have to buy apps individually or pay for youtube tv, etc... 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.