Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w3eo

Re: Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

As of Sunday 22-11-2-24 at 2 PM EST.  Comcast Cable service:

The watch Now button opens the flash screen and then starts to load but stops at 13%

Fox News Live Now Channel is non-responsive

Fox Business Channel is non-responsive

Fox Weather Channel is working

Fox News Radio Channel is working

The Latest News  clips seem to work 

Shows does not seem to work

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is this on the Xfinity Stream app or in the separate Fox apps?  If the Xfinity Stream app, sounds like a Comcast problem.  LiveNOW from Fox and Fox Weather are available on The Roku Channel and are working for me.  I can't try the Fox apps since I don't have any kind of cable subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

Re: Fox News App major issues

It's an issue between roku and direct tv, and neither one is telling truth.

Spent hour chatting to roku service and direct tv. Nothing but run around.

Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

John 

Did that all weekend, why won't roku solve this?

Was it because Superbowl?

Fox news app. Worked fine on friday morning?

Still doesn't now 2/12/24

0 Kudos
Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

He app. Does not allow you to log in with direct tv.

Gives password then goes black, and back to home screen.

Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

Same with direct tv

VLB-Mill

I have the same issue, even though FOX will play on my TV without ROKU, once ROKU is installed it won’t play as an app.  I have performed all of the following numerous times (20+) and still cannot get Fox News to play.  Roku needs to work with Fox and resolve this issue. I have: restarted router, turned TV on and off, deleted and reinstalled Fox app, checked for software updates, deleted network and reconnected network ad nauseam. Every other app works but FOX. I am ready to uninstall ROKU on my tv, watch what is available on my DISH account (which includes FOX) and go back to watching paid streaming apps such as MAX, Paramount+, AppleTV, Amazon Prime, etc., on my Ipad 12” Pro.  At least then I can watch everything I want too.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VLB-Mill,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VLB-Mill

Your answer is technologically inappropriate nor does it help your consumers.  Multiple people have had problems with this app.  As you are the singular point of contact for this app on your service,  you should contact FOX, not multiple consumers of yours.  There are many of your consumers with the same problem as mine.   It is not my responsibility to fix a problem ROKU has that my Dish service (which ROKU is installed on) does not.  Nor am I technically adequate to troubleshoot this problem.  Frankly I struggled installing your program, no less an issue with a specific app on your system.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VLB-Mill,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you send us a photo or a video clip of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.