Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

Euronews live channel keeps displaying "Your programming will return soon"

Jump to solution

The message has been displaying for 3 days and still no programming. I open the website and it works fine so does The Haystack app just won't work on Roku channel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

Re: Euronews live channel keeps displaying "Your programming will return soon"

Jump to solution

For some reason, Euronews came back into programming on the Roku channel 198 about 5 days ago, so issues appear to be resolved. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mljackson1269 

There are a couple of different viewing options for viewing EuroNews. (Roku Channel LiveTV ch.198).  Seems like similar results there as well. (I gave it about 5 mins to return, did not).

I don't watch this channel, so not sure what normal behavior is, but the Live playing on the website https://www.euronews.com/live is different than the Live playing on the EuroNews channel channel/app for Roku.

You can install the standalone EuroNews channel/app to your Roku device. https://channelstore.roku.com/details/4e4531c75711b3ed777e517c340aa0a7/euronews

----

Looks like there is simply a problem with EuroNews that is affecting the different channels/apps that carry their "live" programming like Haystack and Roku Channel.  If you understand Spanish, seems like PlutoTV EuroNews Ahora ch. 3035 is working properly.

----

Seems like if you want to watch the same EuroNews that is playing on their website, then just watch it Live via Youtube. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntmPIzlkcJk).  Install Youtube on your Roku device and search for EuroNews.  Select the EuroNews channel home icon, then select Live.  This seems to be the only one working properly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information, it seems that the Euronews app is not official and interrupts the programming while in the middle with ads causing you to miss the news. The other sources are not currently updated only prerecorded. However Haystack News app is updated to current and the only way to get live programming. I have watched Euronews for years on the Roku channel, I hope they can resolve this issue because I have to go back and forth to watch other programs on the Roku channel and antenna broadcast. The thanks.

0 Kudos
mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For some reason, Euronews came back into programming on the Roku channel 198 about 5 days ago, so issues appear to be resolved. Thanks