Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knots2
Reel Rookie

Estrella tv has hijacked my tv

My tv keeps going to the add estrella tv and I can't get it to do anything else.  Once I turn it pn ot will not even turn off.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Estrella tv has hijacked my tv

Assuming your remote has batteries, try taking them out and using the mobile app on a phone or tablet as a remote to see what happens.  If the problem goes away, you may need a new remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Knots2
Reel Rookie

I have tried that.  It is only in the bedroom tv.  I tried a new tv and it does the same thing.  Now it keeps making beeping noises like I am pressing something

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Could there be another remote for some other device with a stuck button lying around or something like sunlight hitting the front of the TV?  Can you move the TV to a different room to see if it still happens?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
howc179
Channel Surfer

i hate to say this bro, it seems to me that you may have to do a factory reset, and roku may want to have this channel "estrella tv" muted and marked as an commandeering app

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.