Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgue1

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I was having similar issue but with other apps. I tried resetting network, tried deleting apps, restarting Roku. Nothing worked. Finally factory reset my Roku Express. That fixed the issue for me. 

0 Kudos
desertgirl
Reel Rookie

NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Update 9/16/2021 12:11 AM PST

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

I still cannot load Sling, YouTube on one device, and on the other device, Sling is only on sneak peak(?). I've checked manually for updates and there are no updates available. The build on one device is 4209 last updated 6/28/21 6:38pm, version 10.0.0. Why is my device not seeing any updates? 

0 Kudos
mothra72
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Not working here either.  Danny -- This is not a small number of customers.

0 Kudos
TB25

Jump to solution

I tried deleting random unused channels and resetting the themes and screensaver.  Rebooted the stick after each change.  No luck.

For me, clearing the cache worked for my model 3800X as suggested by user @bribiz .

1.  Goto home screen and make sure the home menu item is selected.

2.  Press the Home button 5 times, then press the up arrow once, then press the rewind button twice, and then the fast forward button twice.

3.  Wait until it reboots.  You will probably see the menu flicker about and about 10 seconds later it will reboot. 

Thank you bribiz!

0 Kudos
Alli24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all hand suggestions and nothing worked. My husband then took the stick from another tv and replaced it on the tv having the issue, and that took care of it. Do the sticks go bad?

0 Kudos
dorris1

Re: NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Update 9/16/2021 12:11 AM PST

Jump to solution

Not Resolved: Channel launch issue. I am unable to view any of my channels. I have already ran the update and still nothing.

0 Kudos
amerikids

Re: NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Update 9/16/2021 12:11 AM PST

Jump to solution

Sling and YouTube No Channel Run issue still not resolved after following all the suggestions from Roku support posted today.  Sling support says they are familiar with this issue. Some are getting resolved.  Some not.  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Alli24 wrote:

I tried all hand suggestions and nothing worked. My husband then took the stick from another tv and replaced it on the tv having the issue, and that took care of it. Do the sticks go bad?

Yes, hardware can go bad, but this is not a hardware issue, its a software issue caused by a combination of sloppy firmware code that manages memory on low memory models (512MB) in conjunction with Roku's tendency to increase the size of the firmware (all OS vendors do this), install additional ever-larger (hidden) middleware apps (again, all OS vendors do this), and users configuring larger more resource intensive themes/screensavers (many consumers do this).

You sure you tried the list? Try options #3 and #4, and if those dont work, a Factory Reset often does.

0 Kudos
Alli24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did do all of the things on the list including the factory reset.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Its supposed to be resolved now - try checking for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

0 Kudos